Skip to content

[Mod] K's Dual Class Mod v1.1

KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
edited November 2013 in General Modding
Just a little mod I came up with to make it possible for some classes to dual.

I might add further options in the future.

KURUMI'S DUAL CLASS MOD v1.1

INSTALLATION:
Dump the DUALCLAS.2da (unzip DUALCLAS.7z) into your override folder (Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\override). If there is no such folder, then create one first.

CHANGELOG:
v1.0 (2012.12.29) Initial Release (Barbarians now can dual to Cleric, Mage, Thief and Druid).
v1.1 (2012.12.30) Wild Mages now can dual to Fighter, Cleric and Thief.

BGEE DOWNLOAD:
http://www.invarietateconcordia.de/bgee/BGEE.html

BG2EE DOWNLOAD:
Attached File
Post edited by Kurumi on
SCARY_WIZARDbooinyoureyesAxie

Comments

• Michael24710Michael24710 Member Posts: 12
    Not one I am going to use but good work! The more mods people make the more flexibility and replay value this great game has :)
    KurumiOgaburanSCARY_WIZARDbooinyoureyes
  • SarnindSarnind Member Posts: 256
    good work
    booinyoureyes
  • NecroblivionNecroblivion Member Posts: 210
    Allow rangers to dual to bards (harpers??? :P) also fighter bard, barbarian to skald and (:P), and thief to bard.
    booinyoureyes
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    BG2EE Version:

Just unzip it in the override folder.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    hey kurumi! will this mod interfere with other mods? is there a certain install order? I think this is really cool :)
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    It should only interfere with mods, that also change the DUALCLAS.2da.. so if you already have a "modded" DUALCLAS.2da in your override folder, then I guess there will be problems and if not you should be safe :) !!
    booinyoureyes
  • ThorgaazThorgaaz Member Posts: 46
    Just read the dualclass2da file... Isnt it possible to just put an 1 to everything?

Im only really interested in barbarian druid because with barbarian becoming an fighter kit i reallly thought this would be possible. Besides there is NO point in nerfing that option away. Im kind of tired to have not an single useful chain or splintmail character in the game. And Barbarian druid or Swashbuckler Druid could do so.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Tweaks Anthology already allows Barbarians and Wild Mages to dual class as if they were Fighters and Mages, respectively.

Dual-classing between any combination not listed below can cause weird behavior up to and including game crash. So you can't allow Paladin/Bards, although you can do a fair job of emulating them if you're willing to compromise here or there.

The allowed multiclass combinations in the engine are:
    - Fighter/Cleric
    - Fighter/Thief
    - Fighter/Mage
    - Fighter/Druid
    - Ranger/Cleric
    - Cleric/Mage
    - Cleric/Thief
    - Mage/Thief
    - Fighter/Mage/Cleric
    - Fighter/Mage/Thief

Kits of any of these classes can be modified to dual class (or even multi-class) within the engine. In other words, you cannot allow dual-classing of Paladins, Bards, Shamans, Sorcerers, or Monks at all, nor can you create class combinations (such as a true Ranger/Mage multiclass) beyond that list.