Skip to content

[(BG2) bug] Kensai/monk weapon speed bonuses

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
edited November 2012 in Fixed
The weapon speed increase of monks and kensais don't work. Since the bonuses aren't cumulative, they have to be set at each relevant level when called by the clabXXX.2da:
COPY_EXISTING ~spcl143.spl~ ~override~
~spcl816.spl~ ~override~
PATCH_IF ("%SOURCE_RES%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "spcl143" = 0) BEGIN
SET loops = 10 SET progression = 4 END ELSE BEGIN SET loops = 2 SET progression = 12
END
READ_LONG 0x64 abil_off
READ_SHORT 0x68 abil_num
WRITE_SHORT 0x68 loops
READ_LONG 0x6a fx_off
WRITE_LONG 0x6a (fx_off + (0x28 * (loops - 1)))
READ_ASCII abil_off abil_clone (0x28) // clone lev1 header
READ_ASCII fx_off fx_clone (0x30) // clone lone effect
FOR (index = 1 ; index < loops ; ++index) BEGIN
INSERT_BYTES (abil_off + (index * 0x28)) 0x28 // insert new header
WRITE_ASCIIE (abil_off + (index * 0x28)) "%abil_clone%" // insert cloned lev1 header
WRITE_SHORT (abil_off + 0x10 + (index * 0x28)) (index * progression) // min level
WRITE_SHORT (abil_off + 0x20 + (index * 0x28)) index // fx index
INSERT_BYTES (fx_off + (0x58 * index)) 0x30 // insert new fx, allow for new abils and fx
WRITE_ASCIIE (fx_off + (0x58 * index)) "%fx_clone%" // insert cloned lev1 effect
WRITE_LONG (fx_off + 0x04 + (0x58 * index)) (index + 1) // set weapon speed bonus
END
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Confirmed fixed:

SPCL143, SPCL816 now have a level-based attack speed system setup:
                 Attack      Attack      Attack      Attack      Attack      Attack      Attack      Attack      Attack      Attack
    SPL LVL Speed LVL Speed LVL Speed LVL Speed LVL Speed LVL Speed LVL Speed LVL Speed LVL Speed LVL Speed
    SPCL143 1 +1 4 +2 8 +3 12 +4 16 +5 20 +6 24 +7 28 +8 32 +9 36 +10
    SPCL816 1 +1 12 +2
    I think I prefer the monk bonuses better...
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    How come Kensai's bonuses stop after level 12?
    @AndreaColombo
    Actually I'm not sure if it's the monk or kensai that gets held back, but the bonus is to weapon speed, not APR or THAC0 or anything, so it's not a major difference regardless. It's just that the kensai doesn't become a superspeeddemon the way a monk does, just gets a boost in their special weapon use I presume.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Bhryaen - My bad. I've just checked the kit descriptions: Monks get a -1 to Speed Factor at level 8, and another -1 to Speed Factor at level 12. So that was the Monks' row. Kensais get a bonus every 4 levels, which is applied correctly in SPL143.

edited September 2012
    In that case I like the kensai's bonuses better. Heh
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Confirmed Fixed for the Kensai via NI

As for the Monk:

@CamDawg, @AndreaColombo and maybe @SethDavis?

So, currently with this fix the Monk gets a -1 speed factor bonus at levels 1 and 12, but as AndreaColombo mentioned, the class description states that they should receive these bonuses at level 8 and 12.

Either the description needs to be changed or the speed factor needs to be moved from level 1 to level8. Or am I missing something here Camdawg?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    No, it's working correctly. By convention the lowest level ability of a spell is always set to a minimum level of one. The key here is clabmo1.2da, which is the table of monk abilities--note the AP_SPCL816 under the 8 and 12 columns, meaning it's applied at those levels.

We could have moved this to confirmed fixed, but this is yet another fix that's been applied repeatedly and corrupted the file. I've attached fixed spell files.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Thanks @CamDawg.

@SethDavis
    CamDawg has provided the fixed spell files for this one.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Potentially fixed - @CamDawg's files have been added
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Confirmed in 0924.