Skip to content

Ascension in BG2EE - guide and fixes

13»

Comments

• brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    I will try it out @lunar for sendai and the throne pools when I go on my next run for sure!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    brunardo said:

I heard of of the sendai and slayer form, noticed the babaus and would kill all of them but still couldnt save?

@brunardo One Babau almost always goes away and stays invisible. Its script is wonky like that. Even with true sights etc. That was my experience, anyway and it made sense. Because only two pools spawn Babau and those pools prevent saving, you can save safely after one which did not spawn Babau. (I forgot which one) Once I gave Babaus direct attack scripts, no more 'you can't save near monsters' bug.
    dont know how to change scripts but makes sense on the one babau...can try finding the one pool to save next time I try it for sure, Thanks @lunar :)
    edited March 2016
    @brunardo it is very easy with dltcep, actually. Open up dltecep, load creatures, load up finbabau creature file, in the scripts section, I change it to basic attack script. Like this:

I change the default script to wtasight, that is the simplest attack on sight script. Did not change the demondie script, I think it does the demons explode upon death for cosmetics.

As for ascension battle Sendai, her file is finsendai, I change her script thus:

Senbattl is the vanilla sendai's script in her final battle, but I did not change finsend script as it allows her to die properly and weaken Melissan.

Or here are the editted files, drop them to your override, enable clua console and travel to the throne, and try the pools again. Babaus should just attack now, but it is an okay compromise. Once the ascension battle starts, see if Sendai does something more than staying idle.

Be sure to back up your own finbabau and finsendai files, just in case.
    whoa great stuff @lunar - will try it when I do my next ascension run which might be a bit but thank you.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Any chance you could add an option to have only the dialogue part without the combat? :P
    lol
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Arthas wrote: »
    Any chance you could add an option to have only the dialogue part without the combat? :P

you already can choose from optional, tougher encounters.
  • lololo555lololo555 Member Posts: 66
    Is there a fix for the bugged physical mirror bug caused by ascension? Also ascension nullifies some components of SCS (improved undead).
    Oh, does ascension add that pyschial mirror bug, that the animation lasts forever? I checked the spell file and one or two effects are labeled 'Equipped' wrongly, instead of for the 'duration' Ifixed those locally in my game via dltcep.
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
    I do wonder if Beamdog will eventually integrate the Ascension mod into BG2EE. Now that Gaider is actually working at Beamdog. :open_mouth:
  • lololo555lololo555 Member Posts: 66
    @lunar it's worse, physical mirror just doesn't work, if I delete the sppr613 that codes that file, the spell works as it should, but that animation stays until I reaload.
  • lazutulazutu Member Posts: 118
    (sorry, seems relevant here too)

Managed to reinstall Ascension & Tactics without issues. Providing additional info here.

Do NOT remove .tp2 files of any installed mods from the main folder, you will mess up reinstalling (will ask for a newer version) AND uninstalling the mods.

Installation order:
    1) Tactics2_for_EE-alpha73 - fully working, tested in story mode. No Random City Encounters (yet). Do NOT miss the very first installation, where "0" language is set to German (de_de folder). All of your mods will still be installed, but every NPC and item will have an "Invalid: number" string. Copying dialog.talk from de_de after installing the mods can do the job, but better reinstall Weidu language options, or reinstall the game.
    2) Ascension-1520160409b2 - full working, tested in story mode & on insane difficulty.
    3) Weimer-Underrep-v6 - fully working, all items presented and debuffs applied properly.
    4) Weimer-ItemUpgrade-v40 - fully working, all items working and craftable.

5) Valen - do NOT install if you want to have the final TOB battle. Final boss has some lines for Valen, and wont initiate any dialogue/wont summon Irenicus & Bodhi. Game goes into a limbo state. Paladin encounter works still works, though. She cannot be summoned via Fate Spirit.
    6) Soulafein - do NOT install if you want to have the final TOB battle, same as Valen. All other encounters work (spiders, final eclipse tested - no problems).

Can anybody please fix these ascension text strings to work? Without all Weidu mods/NPC's, game feels incomplete :(. Thank you for reading!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Valen mod.... <3<3<3

Can someone make this work again?
    Hey @lazutu , if I install Soulafein and drop him in TOB or before final battle will it crash or still work fine? (same with Valen?)
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    edited September 2016
    So I've been playing the Big Picture Ascension mod and it's been going great so far. But then I returned to Abazigal's lair (after leaving to buy the rope).

Two black dragons spawn, Olinissimous and Zirimanat'ryl which I kill. Then the game autosaves, the screen shakes and.... nothing happens. And I cant progress through the gate because I get the message "The dragon seems to be blocking the entrance with a spell".

I know that Ithy'nassendra and Carnifex are supposed to spawn but they don't appear. I've tried redoing the black dragon fight a bunch of times but its the same result every time.

Does anyone know the console command to spawn Ithy'nassendra and Carnifex? Or failing that the command to teleport to the next area?

Edit: Never mind - I finally found Ithy'nassendra spawned tucked away in the bottom left corner of the map. Seemed a bit of an odd place to spawn though, but fixed my problem.
    Hey @karnor00 glad to hear its been working well and looking forward to try BP ascension if its working fine with EE version in full. Keep me posted and are you playing with any other mods?
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    I've been using a lot of mods. SCS, Spell Revisions, item randomiser, quite a few added content mods are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I've now completed my play though without any real issues.
    Thats awesome @karnor00 cant wait!

interested in solafein mod and any mods for BGEE/BGEE2 that add new/extra area content/battles to go with SCS you can recommend?
  • jmkarlssonjmkarlsson Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2017
    I keep getting error messages when I try to install the Big Picture core component so I would like to know how to install it?

I have found the answer to my question before trying to install the Big Picture core component you must install the BP Series AI script follow this link
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1025-bp-series-party-ai-for-bg/
    Post edited by jmkarlsson on
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited October 2017
    I've found four different "editions" of the Ascension mod:
    1. The original mod (by David Gaider & co.) — last updated Nov 30, 2009
    2. The Big Picture version (recommended by @Rooksx in this thread) — last updated Feb 16, 2014
    3. The EE port by WhiteAgnus (co-authored by @JediMindTrix ) —last updated Jun 8, 2016
    4. The EE port by the BiG World Project (apparently based on @WhiteAgnus's version, with additional patches by @ALIEN, @Quitch, @agb1, and @badungu ) —last updated July 8, 2017
    To make matters more complicated, it seems that the BiG-World-Fixpack has additional patches for edition (2)last updated Nov 16, 2016.

So, it looks like the best choice for BG2:EE players would currently be either
    • edition (2) plus BiG-World-Fixpack, or
    • edition (4).
    What is the difference between the two, and which one is recommended?
    Which editions are still maintained, and which are abandoned?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited October 2017
    @ineth Hi, very good summary, let's add my two cents:
    - edition (1) is definitely not maintained anymore
    - edition (2) plus BiG-World-Fixpack is outdated and also not maintained anymore but if someone will create patches ( very unlikely to happen), they can be added to Fixpack
    - edition (3) is outdated and not maintained anymore because of the WhiteAgnus has disappear from the internet after tragic real life events
    - edition (4) is a continuation of the WhiteAgnus and JediMindTrix version with recent smal fixes: https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/Ascension/pulls?q=is:pr+is:closed and ability to include any future fixes directly inside mod, this version has some sort of basic support and it's preferred for BG2EE/EET
    - none of the editions have active maintainer so don't expect new code/changes/features

I hope that this makes things much more clear. This topic should be updated/unpined to not lure people into the outdated mod edition without minimal support.
    edited October 2017
    @ALIEN, thanks for the clarification. I think it would be nice to have a new forum thread for edition 4 (linking to the correct download page in the top post), could you create one?

@JuliusBorisov, I think it's time to unpin this thread (which points people to the outdated edition 2). Maybe also the other pinned thread (which points people to outdated edition 3).
    (PS: The author of the other thread has already endorsed unpinning it.)

The List of BG2EE Compatible Mods topic currently points to the forum thread for edition 3, but the github repo for edition 4.
    Post edited by ineth on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Ok, both threads are unpinned. Please, notify me which Ascension thread I should pin.
    @JuliusBorisov New thread here.