Skip to content

BG/IWD/NWN/PS:T - Thread for Remastered Official Artwork

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Okay okay okay... okay okay, okay okay... I've got some new artwork for you ladies and gentlemen to furthur tickle your fancy and fizzle your anxieties and tandilize (did I spell that right?) your toffies.

Today, the matter at hand is the matter of which I am uploading will be here in a matter of hours.
    Added 'perspectives' to BGII artwork. GO LOOK NOW.
    I just added mosaics and Firkraag AND Throne of Bhaal map.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I was about to say, that Kuo Toa and Otyugh look straight out of Lovecraft!
    I just realized those photobucket people resize my images if they're too big and expect me to pay for the full size. No fair man. I'm going for a new uploader.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    Ward said:

I just realized those photobucket people resize my images if they're too big and expect me to pay for the full size. No fair man. I'm going for a new uploader.

Please share if you find a better one. I'm not too happy with that aspect of Photobucket myself, although I continue to use it because I'm lazy.

Microsoft's Skydrive is pretty decent, actually.

By the way, re: BG concept artwork, wallpapers and in-game backgrounds, if you hadn't found this already:

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg/media/

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg2/media/

although I think you probably already have most of these.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
    edited September 2012
    @Lemernis Photobucket is a dunce man, it makes my images slightly darker when I upload them. I think it's something to do with them being set on RGB instead of CMYK if I'm right. Stupid technical garbage. If you've seen the 'perspectives' I put up, #2 is missing because it was the only one that wasn't in HD. :P Aside from that I've got everything from just about everywhere on the internets.

There's probably stuff I'm forgetting and there IS a lot of image on this thread people gave me which I need to finish as well sometime.

I just want to finish BG so I can get started on IWD art.
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    edited September 2012
    @Kerozevok Do you know where I can still get those images? Or are they lost on the internet forever?

Edit: I'm talking about the IWD style portraits and arts from Black Isle studios.

Seen them from time to time, always wanted to have the pictures under my collections of character portraits
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    @Kenji As I said, the original source for these pics was blackisle.com...
  • InstantCoffeeInstantCoffee Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2012
    Lemernis said:

By the way, re: BG concept artwork, wallpapers and in-game backgrounds, if you hadn't found this already:

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg/media/

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg2/media/

although I think you probably already have most of these.

Off-topic here.

I've just found on one of those Baldur's Gate 2 alpha build screenshots that the combat log actually showed detailed attack rolls:

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/images/image.asp?/bg2/media/screenshots/initial/soa111099d.jpg) t

Shame it did not find its way into the final release. I'd love if BGEE implemented it.
    Oxford_Guy
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    edited September 2012
    @Lemernis Thanks, 'tis a gem

@Kerozevok And Blackisle.com now only consists of a front page informing its viewers of the studios' return...

Anywhere else I could find the pictures you posted, though?
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Kenji said:

@Kerozevok And Blackisle.com now only consists of a front page informing its viewers of the studios' return...

OMG... will they release a rival of Project Eternity? Man... I really hope they start making RPGs again! Nowadays they mostly suck :S

@Kenji I have many high res IWD portraits. Full size I think.
    @Seldar I guess. Why not? Icewind Dale stuff is here too I just haven't put anything up yet. :P

Well I'll make a section for fan artwork I suppose.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Seldar Nice!
  • ShaewarosShaewaros Member Posts: 24
    Such awesome concept art pics. :)
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253

Lemernis said:

I've just found on one of those Baldur's Gate 2 alpha build screenshots that the combat log actually showed detailed attack rolls:

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/images/image.asp?/bg2/media/screenshots/initial/soa111099d.jpg) t

Shame it did not find its way into the final release. I'd love if BGEE implemented it.

Damn that would have been a cool optional addition. I've played BG about 20-30 times but don't have a clue about any of the roles + bonus systems.
  • VermillionVermillion Member Posts: 20
    Hi guys! I've collected some cool stuff from Infinity Engine games too. Here is my scan of Icewind Dale 2 Map that comes with Collector's Edition of the game. Enjoy ^_^

MoomintrollWardCandramelekhgriffiano
    edited October 2012
    HOLY CHIP DIP. There's 228k views. And 227.9k of them weren't even mine.

I'll get back to this eventually, I've just had stuff to do. Good thing I got so much done before I abandoned it. More to come very soon I swear, going to put more up rather shortly.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    FYI, the image shack links seem to be removed by imageshack.com! Sadness @ward
    @STYGGA BLASPHAMY! Don't worry bro, most of it was concept art which comes with GOG.com games and therefore didn't need any remastering anyway.

No point in remastering line drawings, I need to get to the point! Ha, punny stuff.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    That's a neat ad, hadn't seen it before. Funny how none of the features listed point out the real strengths of the game, though.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Are those pictures of the actual game in the "gameplay" shots? I don't recognize the bottom right picture at all. It reminds me of the temple in the sewars under the Temple district on the beholder quest but there is are not enemies at that point in the game.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    edited November 2012
    I believe like the trailer they made it's from the incomplete version. (ever tried the demo? it also contains some outdated things) but yes this is the temple... altough there is no fight there usually.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I've seen that picture of Bodhi before, albeit in lower quality, but I never noticed the copious amount of junk in her trunk. Daddy like.
    edited November 2012
    @Schneidend You could say that she has not only a lovely bunch of coconuts, but that her best asset comes from behind. Elves are too skinny, but undead elves got booty. Kind of ironic.

If you never noticed the hotness of Bodhi when she stands up straight. Problem is when you speak with her she bends over and acts like the 'My precious' dude from LoTR.