Skip to content

Stranger Think; The Journal of Abby Zero, elven orphan

Hey everyone!

Back in the 1980s I was singularly obsessed with 1st edition AD&D. I bought the Forgotten Realms Grey Box in 1987. In 2017 I searched ‘dungeons and’in the App Store and almost pooped in my pants when I saw that the EE series of my favorite electronic game series ever are out and being expanded?!?
When I researched Siege of Dragonspear (which I am so excited /in disbelief of) and saw that the developers said as recently as Oct’17 that it’s DEFINITELY coming to iOS, I decided to join this forum! :p
I am going to be posting a comedy fiction journal based on my current, personally perfected main character, Abby Zero the elven fighter/thief.

Comments

• Abby_ZeroAbby_Zero Member Posts: 68
    I’m also very lonely and looking forward possibly to some good old D&D talk with other Baldur’s vets.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Welcome! I'll check your journal immedietaly.
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 426
    welcome! look forward to reading your journal. sounds like it will be very entertaining!
    edited November 2017
    Cool beans, thanks you all. I’ve been playing AD&D since the mid 80s. I would speed roll binder full of characters that I would never play with since I didn’t have many gaming friends. I played a huge MERP/Iron Crown campaign in the nineties and we would play Baldur’s Gate on the giant slow loading PC literally all night smoking copious amounts of cannabis.
    My character was Clint a solo half elf fighter thief with a two handed sword. I used Craig Charles as a portrait lol.

I am SUPER PSYCHED about the EE mobile games. I was playing BG on my iPad, watching Stranger Things 2 on my iPhone eating a big cheeseburger with grape soda and Doritos. Don’t worry I’m super underweight lol. I felt like I was ten years old in 1986 again.
    Big love to the HEROIC developers. I’m going to look into volunteering somehow to help this rad company :)
    The restricted portraits on iOS really make you have to be creative..

I bought the portrait pack and would more than willingly buy more if they put more packs for purchase.
    Bump
    Super bump
    Going for combo breaker here

Just call me Noober

I’m going to spam :# until I hopefully get the next x comments posted badge

By the way..OMG badges are BG icons..SO BOSS.
    edited November 2017
    What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?

What about now?
    Post edited by lolien on
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Please stop, spamming is against site rules, even in your own thread.
    lolien said:

Please stop, spamming is against site rules, even in your own thread.

No problem sorry! <3
    edited November 2017
    I panicked when someone told me I should go for combo breaker :#
    If a moderator reads this feel free to delete those messages above, I didn’t see an option to do that myself.
    <3
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 426
    throws a rock at abby. :)
    Ouch
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Abby_Zero Red Dwarf. One of my favorites. Are you eating plenty of curry's and thinkin bout beer milkshakes as well? ;):)
    Zaghoul said:

@Abby_Zero Red Dwarf. One of my favorites. Are you eating plenty of curry's and thinkin bout beer milkshakes as well? ;):)

Tacos and rum and cokes right now
    I get it though B)
  • GrismereGrismere Member Posts: 6
    Just testing the water here. New to using this site. I was a jobless hermit when I first discovered BG. A smoker with no smokes.. Just the aviary that was my first step into getting slaughtered at this (then) new game. As far as table top gaming goes.. good lord did I do a lot of that. I've even played a goblin onion chucker with an ever-full bag of onions. A siege troll that had a horrible appearance with proper back ground description for why he was horribly disfigured in the face and of course, given the gaming system we were using, somehow manged to take every crit to the face except one where his lung got collapsed. He of course, being Morlog M.D., used a bellows to re-inflate his lung. I've even played a time lord. And a psychopathic hobbit by the name of Toad.. the shire town strangler. He wore shoes and used magic. So many good times back in the day of youth.