Skip to content

Girdle of masculinity/femininity

Caught up in the excitement of a hairy battle, I put the subject item on my main character and later after collecting a pot full of bounty and items I found I had not "saved".

I know it can be removed by a spell but my characters don't yet have it and it costs much more than I have currently.

Sooo the point of my post. What effect does the change have on my fighter aside from now having to wear silk panties until I can gather sufficient gold w/o having to sell the farm and my first born?

Comments

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Absolutely nothing. Gender doesn't affect your stats at all, so don't worry about it. By the time you find some decent belts to wear, you should have the coin to have it removed. If you never find any good belts, fear not, it won't phase your character at all.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    There are a couple of interactions that partially depend on gender (Oublek and Shar-Teel come to mind) and it can affect party banters. But yeah, it matters almost zero.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Should have thought of this to recruit Shar-Teel yesterday. Had to get Kagain as she only fights men
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The biggest effect is that it takes up your belt slot, story events aside.
    justfeelinathomejackjack
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Yulaw9460 , Haha! I'd forgotten that OotS did a story around this famous belt. I believe they got it off an ogre, too, so it was a subtle tribute to BG as well.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    jackjackBelgarathMTHlunar
  • Francois42424Francois42424 Member Posts: 44
    These events are always a total blast to play in Tabletop... tho I doubt anyone to whom it has happened would ever act in RL like they did at the table. And once you pull the prank, no one ever puts a belt on before ID-ing it (It's as if my players doubt me or anything... Meh, such is the way of a DM).

I actually played the game until I had enough money to remove it, there's not many good belts anyways until later (Gorion's aside and it's a double-edged sword). It's a shame there aren't more gender specific stuff happening in games tho, it always give me a chuckle when it does ! :)
    That reminds me, I need to re-read OotS again. It's not that long and it's quite enjoyable.
    BelgarathMTHjackjackTroodon80
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    The NPC project does some stuff with it, if I remember correctly.
    For example, Jaheira and Khalid will comment on how these two had some "fun" with that belt in the past and if you put the girdle on Minsc, he'll want to throw a slumber party with the other girls on the team.
    jackjackTroodon80tbone1
    Ah, Minsc, he would be all about a slumber party, and probably spend most of it talking about Boo.
    ZaferickjackjackTroodon80Buttercheese
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653

That reminds me, I need to re-read OotS again. It's not that long and it's quite enjoyable.

1035 pages isn't that long? LOL

But it's absolutely worth re-reading. I re-read the whole thing a second time a few months ago. It's getting about time to do it again - I think there have been at least a couple of hundred strips since then.
    Troodon80jackjackAerakar
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Ha, I pulled it up as soon as it came up in this thread. It's a blast to re-read.
    Aerakar
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Sorry for necro-post, but last night in my current BG1EE run (maybe I'll finally get around and try SoD as well), I have a PC femal blackguard. In mid game I had a wonderful idea. Turn my evil party into an evil-neutral all girls party.
    I already had Shar-teel and Viconia, I replaced Edwin with Neera and I was in the process of replacing Immy with Skie. However, to get Skie I needed to take Eldoth in the team (the challenge is to get Eldoth and keep him alive long enough to get Skie, as Shar-teel usually does not waste too much time in killing him). I got Skie and then Shar-teel a little bit later killed Eldoth. He died in shame, as I also had him wear the Girdle.

Now my girl party is complete and Skie is without a companion. Added Faldorn for diversity. Alternatively, I had no other evil/neutral semi-tank to emasculate (well, there's Kagain but I like him too much to give him a rack).
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86
    I always wished you could use the girdle to fool some of the bounty hunters after you. At the very least, you should be able to dodge one encounter while wearing it, while the bounty hunters have to adjust their description to find somebody of the opposite gender,
    JoenSoDev6Mirandel
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    edited November 2017
    chbrooks said:

I always wished you could use the girdle to fool some of the bounty hunters after you. At the very least, you should be able to dodge one encounter while wearing it, while the bounty hunters have to adjust their description to find somebody of the opposite gender,

I tried that on a playthrough and wrote/based a storied playthrough on that idea.
    It didn't work of course but was fun imagining that it could, plus all the shenanigans you can get up to.
    tbone1
  • deejKdeejK Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2017
    I just made up some silly story about how Tiax stole it from my character after declaring that his quest for power and greatness would be made easier if he were a woman... lol, slut.

Oh whoops I should respond to op, yeah, I don't think there's any downside to having it equipped other than not being able to wear another belt you deem superior. It makes a cool cursed sound when you equip it though!