Skip to content

Ipad 2 cannot export BG1 character(s) to 2

I'm been trying this off and on and weekend for like a year, at least. I keep hitting dead ends. I think I've reviewed what there is to find on this online. I admit I'm not very savvy to technical stuff.

I have an Ipad 2 that's runs a bit slowly, but it plays the EE games just fine. Both BG1 and 2 are recently updated to the newest update. I hoped that would help with this, but it hasn't.

When, in BG1, I try to export a character or send a saved file somewhere I might thereby grab it in BG2, I my only options are "Notes" and "Mail" and some ellipses icons that go nowhere. There is no "send to BG2" (or something along those lines?) option. I've read there is on newer iPads, but not on mine. I've tried saving a game to both by using Mail to email myself and saving one to my Notes. Whooptie do, it doesn't really matter because...

Not only can I not. send any files to BG2. But I also can't open BG2 in iFunbox or one other free file manager I've tried. I have tried iFunbox on my Windows PC and on my iPad. It's useless on the iPad and on PC there is an icon for BG2EE you click on but there are no files in it or I can't access anything. There are no folders with things.

Am I screwed, here? Would I have to jailbreak my Ipad 2? If I could just access save files in either game, somehow, I would by gum figure this thing out, but I can't find any kind of files through iFunbox on either system (PC or iPad). I'm happy to answer more questions.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Mail it to yourself. Once sent, find the mail e.g. in your sent folder or your inbox. Tap to download it. Once downloaded, tap again and you should have two more open with options (BG:EE and BGII:EE).