Skip to content

Twin Peaks

2»

Comments

• Stupid_PunsStupid_Puns Member Posts: 66
    edited November 2017

Well, there's only one thing left to do. Long, LONG, story short, I finished up all the quests. I got the cloak of balduran, finished Firewine and the Archeological Site, I then went to the Ice Isle, and after many hours of trial and error, I finished the Island. Then I went to Wolfwere Island and finished that up, then killed Mendas and what not. Last but not least, I headed to the tower of Durlag, where after a solid 1/2 an hour of failure, I both received the experience for giving away her lock of hair, and then killed her for a total of 7000 experience
    . Then, after a couple days of failure, I defeated the Wardens on the bottom level by luring them out one at a time, resting, and repeating. Never killed the thief Warden, he ran off somewhere. I fly through level 2 and give Kiel's Helmet to Khalid, then do level 3 of the labyrinth, and after the chess match Dorn finally gains The World's Edge, and I've now hit the BGEE XP Cap. (But of course I disabled that xp cap because of my own inability to play games.)
    During this time, Khalid, Dorn, Dale, Jaheria, and Quayle all hit level 8, and after some more time I finish level 4 of Durlag's Tower. I get the Burning Blade, give it to Khalid, I get the Large Shield +2 to Jaheira, Sling +3 to Quayle, and after some anger, food, comedy, music, and tears (not necessarily in that order), I kill the Demon Knight using a combination of a lot of monster summoning and Quayle and Jaheria using there sling for about 15 minutes, and then I get the hell outta dodge. Seeing that I still haven't done Rasaad's quest, I put Jaheira in a house, grab Rasaad, and head over to Cloud Peaks. After killing some people, trolls, and wolves (once again, not necessarily in that order), I head into the temple. I already got the Big Fisted Belt, then I blast through here and the caves, finish up the quest, and get Jaheria back.
    After heading back to Ulglth's beard, and taking out all of the outside Cult Guards, I entered there little hut, and killed all the cult guards in there. Sadly, I realized something. In Sword Coast Stratagems, once you enter the lair of the cult demon (it's name escapes me now), you cannot leave until it's dead. Long story short, I can't kill it without being able to leave once or twice to rest, so, sadly, this is where our side questing story ends. Now, all that is left, it to enter the Ducal Palace.
    Cooper walks into the Ducal Palace, and witnesses the meeting.
    You've all played the game, you know how the meeting goes. Anyway, after many many attempts, I succeeded. Then, after damaging Windom Earle, I went to the Thief's Maze, which I know like the back of my hand so I finished that quick, then I went through the Undercity, killed Tamoko and that other gang, and now, I lay before the Temple of Bhaal.
    Next time on the show, we enter the Temple of Bhaal, enjoy.
    edited November 2017

Part 7: Beyond Life and Death

Upon entering the Temple of Bhaal, Cooper looked around... to find nobody inside. After further investigation, he realized nobody had ever come here, the only thing Cooper had found was a painting on the wall.

Cooper looked around, to see if he could find the ghost of Gorion, but it was for not. The vision of the helpful Gorion was now nothing more than a single sycamore tree. Gorion was gone, Windom Earle and his cohorts were nowhere; disparaged, Cooper left the undercity.
    Upon exiting the Undercity, Cooper was met by a small man carrying a satchel.
    "Are you Dale Cooper?"
    The small man spoke in a high pitched voice.
    "Yes."
    "Well, I got news from down south. Apparently, some crazy man broke into the Friendly Arm Inn. Bentley Mirrorshade was murdered, and some mage was kidnapped. Mage went by the name of Neera."
    Cooper sighed, and stood still for a couple of moments.......... "Do you who did this?"
    "Witnesses say it was a tall fella', covered head to toe in thick, black armor. They say he smelt like scorched ash."
    Scorched ash, or possibly... some type of oil? Khalid put his hand on Cooper's shoulder, "I'm so sorry."
    Cooper thought for two minutes... deep... in some meditative thought. He then spoke to the small messenger, "Sir, I want you to take this letter to a man by the name of Gordon Cole. He should be working somewhere in either the Ducal Palace or the Flaming Fist Headquarters. If you can't find him, then find Belt in the Ducal Palace, ask him to deliver it to a man by the name of Albert Rosenfield. Either way, tell them the letter was written by Dale Cooper. Here, two gold should do it."
    Cooper sat down, wrote a letter, and handed it, along with the gold, to the messenger. Dorn asked, "Well, what do we do know?"
    Cooper, still sitting, staring at the desk he wrote at, speaks, "That map...the smell. Dorn, Jaheira, Khalid, Quayle, Baeloth, I know where Windom Earle is."
    They all spoke in unison, "Where?"
    "...Cloakwood."
    They party soon traveled off to the forest of Cloakwood, with not a minute spared. The time of day stood still at 2:53. Upon entering the deep and dark forest, Cooper spoke. "I thank all of you tremendously, for your help and friendship. However, none of you can follow me into this forest, I must go alone. I hope I see all of you again, every one of you. Now listen, some things may change. I'll see you soon."
    The rest of the party sits still, while Cooper goes further into the forest. Eventually, after a minute or two of walking, Cooper comes across the circle of sycamore trees, the puddle of oil, and Aldeth's Lodge.
    Cooper then sees Mike, the one armed man, standing next to him, and he speaks, "Through the Darkness of Future Past, the magician longs to see. Once chance out, between two worlds, Fire Walk With Me." Starting from behind the house, cooper walks around the house once, in a circular motion, and then, he enters the Black Lodge.
    Cooper parts red curtains and walks further into the Lodge.

Dorn, Baeloth, Khalid, Quayle, and Jaheira are sitting on a log, waiting for Cooper to return. Eventually, Khalid gets up and walks to Jaheira. Jaheria speaks, "It's been about ten hours since he went in there."
    "I'm heading to Beregost, you w-w-want a mug of coffee?"
    Jaheira sits in silence for a while, staring at where Cooper first left them, then speaks..."Yeah."
    "You w-want there daily special?"
    "Yeah."
    "D-d-do you want d-d-desert?"
    Jaheira is still sitting quietly, staring at the forest, "...Yeah."
    "D=Do you w-want pie?"
    Jaheria still looks away, still stays quiet. "J-Jaheira?"
    Khalid asks. "J-Jaheira?"
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Back in the Black Lodge, Cooper sits in a chair, and the little man in red sits in front of him, then speaks in there strange dialect, "I waited for you. When you see me again, it won't be me."
    He stands up, claps, then sits back down. "This is the waiting room...would you like some coffee?
    Some of your friends are here."
    Gorion walks into the room and sits down beside the little man, and then he begins to speak, "Hello, Agent Cooper."
    Gorion winks, then snaps his fingers..."I'll see you again in 2.5 games. Meanwhile..."
    Gorion does the Wheel of Fortune, your letter is on the board hand motion, and then disappears. In his place, Bentley Mirrorshade, with a stab wound in his chest, and holding a cup of coffee. He smiles, does a Native American War Cry then speaks, "Hallelujah."
    The little man then speaks, "Hallelujah."
    Bentley stands up and takes a step towards Cooper, then speaks, "Coffee."
    He takes another step closer. "Coffee."
    He sets the coffee on a table next to Cooper, who looks at the coffee for a second, and when he looks back at Bentley, it's now the Giant from his dreams. The giant walks back to the chair, and sits next to the little man. The Giant then speaks, "Your Guide."
    The Giant then disappears. The little man begins to rub his hands together, and a high pitched noise emanates from it. Cooper begins to drink his coffee, then stops. He shows the little man the inside of the cup, which is nothing but brown colored plastic. The little man continues to rub his hands, and smiles. Cooper tips the coffee towards the little man again, but now actual coffee spills out onto the floor. Cooper quickly puts the cup up right again. The little man turns his head away and stops rubbing his hands, and the high pitched noise stops. Cooper again tries to tip the coffee cup, and a thick, black ooze slowly seeps out of the cup. The little man, still looking away, speaks, "Wow, Bob, wow."
    He turns to Cooper, "Fire Walk With Me."
    The room flashes black and white, the little man disappears, and the sounds of Gorion dying fill the room. Cooper gets up, and walks out of the room, only to re-enter it the way he came in. He walks back into the waiting room, but decides to turn around to see if there's anything in the room he was previously in. The little man sits in his chair and points at him, "Wrong Way."
    Cooper walks back into the other Waiting Room. The little man, chanting like a maniac, with his eyes all white, walks to a chair and sits down. He speaks crazily, fast, "Another friend." He gets up and madly cackles before disappearing. Elminster walks into the, with the same white eyes, no longer wearing his red robe and hat but a longer black robe with no hat. He speaks, "I'm Elminster. Watch out.. for my cousin."
    He fades away. Cooper turns around and begins to walk into the first Waiting Room, but now all the furniture is gone. The little man, contorted and dancing, with the white eyes, speaks, "Doppleganger."
    Cooper looks to his right to see Gorion, wearing black with white eyes, still the the Vanna White pose, sitting upon a chair, and then it speaks, "Meanwhile."
    The Gorion begins to stand up and screams like its being stabbed, it continues to scream, the room flashes black and white, and then it runs up to Cooper. Cooper runs away, into another room, only realized his bleeding from the sternum. He turns around to see he has a blood trail, in pain and grabbing at his stomach, he walks back into the room with The Gorion. He sees Caroline, dead on the floor next to his body. "Caroline?"
    He soon realizes that it is Neera. He calls out, "Neera?"
    "Neera?"
    "Neera?"
    The room flashes black and white, and Neera and his body are gone. Cooper continues walking, still saying Neera's name, until eventually he sees Neera standing up in a black dress. He walks up to her and grabs her shoulders. She speaks in the strange dialect, "Dale. I saw the face of the man who killed me."
    Cooper begins to look sad, "Neera...the face of the man who killed you?"
    "It was my husband."
    Cooper whispers,"...Neera..."
    "Who's Neera? It's me. It's me."
    The face of Neera suddenly morphs into the face of another woman, skinnier; longer, darker hair, and ten years older. "It's me."
    Cooper whispers again, "...Caroline..."
    The face changes back to Neera. "You must be mistaken. I'm Alive."
    Cooper then looks confused, but then the woman morphs into the Gorion from older, and it begins to wail excruciatingly in pain, enough to break a man's ear drums. Then, all of a sudden, Gorion changes to Windom Earle.

The party, still waiting in the forest, now find the bodies of the Neera and Cooper in front of them, both severely injured.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Cooper finds himself in a bed on top of the Ducal Palace. Next to his bed is Khalid and Jaheira. Jaheira speaks, "And there he is."
    Khalid talks as well, "C-Coop."
    Cooper speaks, "I wasn't sleeping...Neera! How's Neera?"
    Khalid answers, "Neera's fine. We t-t-took her over to the Temple of Lothander, she's gonna b-b-be alright."
    Cooper talks, "I need to Wash My Hands."
    Jaheira speaks, "There's a bucket of water in the other room for you."
    Cooper gets out of the bed and begins to walk towards another room. He stops, and turns around, "I need to Wash My Hands."
    Khalid speaks, "G-Good Idea."
    Cooper walks into the other room, and closes and locks the door behind him. He begins to put his water in the bucket, and sees the mirror in front of him. He grabs the bucket, and pours it all over the floor. He looks in the mirror, and bangs his head into it, and in the reflection you can see BOB. Cooper, now bleeding from the forehead, looks at himself in the reflection. Outside, you here Khalid knock on the door, "Coop... Cooper! Cooper you alright in there?"
    Cooper looks to his left, Khalid is still knocking and asking if he's okay, and Cooper speaks, "How's Neera? How's Neera How's Neera. heh, HowW's NEeeRA How's NeeRA. Hahahaah, HooWS NEERA, HAHAHAHAHAH, HOW'S... hahahahahahahhaahhahhahhahahahhahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahha

End Part 7 and the Finale of Baldur's Gate: Twin Peaks

edited November 2017
    OH! That's a weight lifted off my shoulders, this series is OVER! So, real quick, here's the proof:

Now, lets see what the party members were wearing:

And those stats:

And now, let's talk about thank yous. First off, if you're reading this now or in the future, thanks for reading, means a lot knowing I'm not just typing garbage to myself, and any questions or concerns will be answered/replied to as swift as two shakes of a lamb's tail.
    Second, I would like to give HUMONGOUS thank yous to the following, for they all helped and were huge inspirations to the making of this 7 Part personal hell: The always helpful @JuliusBorisov, the clever minded @Enuhal, as well as the equally as clever @Malachi151, another huge thank you to @Grond0, who's playthough's of BGEE LOB SCS were a huge inspiration, another thank you to @Harpagornis for creating the challenge and inspiring me to play this in the first place( which by the way you should read that thread, its amazing), @Aerakar and @StummvonBordwehr for both being kind enough to read (at least a portion) of this little diddy of mine. I almost forgot @Zaghoul who also was a huge inspiration on creating this, and his no-reload (which you should also read) game which was one of the main reasons I finished the second half of this series. Last, but certainly not least, is once again you guys and gals. The whole reason I did this was to make a really weird and wacky BGEE Playthrough. Hopefully I made you laugh or smile once or twice, what more could a man ask for? Now, to answer some questions you fella's may have:

Q: Will you ever play Siege of Dragonspear?
    A: Probably not. Should someone out there ask me to I'd be glad to, but this took 2 months to write and complete, and even then Siege of Dragonspear is way harder. There is no immediate plan for a continuation, so don't expect it any time soon (or at all for that matter).

Q: If you do beat SoD, would you play BG2?
    A: I'd rather shove shards of glass in my eye. If it took me 2 months to beat this, then it would take me YEARS to beat BG2, and I don't want that kind of anger in my life. However, should anyone out extremely want me to play BG2, then I may consider it. However, as it stands, this is a 7 part STAND-ALONE project.

Q: Will you ever do anything like this again?
    A: Well, I am currently replaying the original Throne of Bhaal, as well as playing Pillars of Eternity on Path of the Damned, so that will take up 99% of my free time. However, I do have a no-reload save on a slightly modded version of BGEE (no LOB or SCS), and that has to do with Gordon Cole, Albert Rosenfield, and the letter that was sent at the end. However, it wouldn't be anything like this, it would just be me talking about my first attempt at a no-reload, for poops-and-laughs really.

Q: So...what about: the Blue Rose, J, That little robot from the beginning, Gorion just turning into a tree, the owl rings, BOB, those killer Lumberjacks, the girl who said she's reward us in time, Elminster, the one guy who turned into the Blue Rose, Mr.Strawberry, The dreams, the Owls, where's Officer Vai, How is Neera, that creature that came from Firewine, The title names, what about the Dougie that Gorion created, and what's with the ending?!?!?!?
    A: I'll tell you later.

Q: I didn't like this, it sucks, why did you make this, it ruins the original Twin Peaks and BGEE, (insert other criticisms here)
    A: Well, if you didn't like it, then make your own, and then tell me about it, I originally made this because of how much I loved other playthrough's and there stories, and I thought, "What would happen if I tried that?"

So, while I sit here at my computer, typing away, trying to fight sleep at 11:32, I would just like to once again thank you, and despite how much I complain, I really did have a blast making this. And if you want to make one yourself, please, tell me about it, I really love reading about them. And if you made it his far, then I hoped you enjoyed the story, a weird mix-match BGEE playthrough with some weird story based on a show from 1990 and its sequel from 2017. Thank you... and goodnight.
    Post edited by Stupid_Puns on
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    If i get some time i will read the whole story @Stupid_Puns - looks like you had a lot of fun! Too bad you are not going to continue your journey or - even better - joining the solo challenge again. It might be hard and it might be frustrating at the beginning but the more you know the smoother it will run. Anyway: Good luck with your next projects - good night! ;)
    edited November 2017
    GUYS! HELP! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?!?! It seems that I'm trying to get to a goal, a goal that I (for my own sanity) do not ever want to reach. The goal? Beat BG1with no-reloads, no party members, and on LOB+SCS, and in order to get to this goal I have set a series of obstacles:
    1. Beat BG1 on LOB with SCS.
    Check.
    2. Beat BG1 without reloading.
    Not Check.
    3. Beat BG1 with no party members.
    Also nope.
    4. Beat BG1 on LOB+SCS with no party members.
    Surprisingly getting close to finishing.
    Then, and only then, will I attempt a BG1, no reload, solo, LOB+SCS playthrough. I know, I'm dumb. Regardless however, the need for me to challenge myself is to great. Should you expect any of this in the near future? No. However, my first no-reload attempt will be soon, like, really soon. Hopefully like, today soon. However, the adventures of Dougie Jones is something I will attempt another day/year/millennia.
    As such, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, quite gladly:

Twin Peaks 2: No-Reload: The Gordon and Albert Show!

Rules:
    0.ABSOLUTELY NO-RELOADING (unless of course something like the game-crashing or bugs).
    2. Should the party members Albert or Gordon die it's game over.
    14. Mods are allowed, no SCS, but stuff like NPC mods.
    25. This will be nothing like the other Twin Peaks, this is just me giving you the raw and unfiltered rage of me failing at BG1.
    -1. Like I've said a zillion times, any and all recommendations will of course be accepted. If you want me to have, I don't know, Xan, then I will.
    %. Uh... Like I said, not much role-playing, just my personal stupidity. And...uh...I don't know...invest in stocks.
    OH YEAH! INSANE DIFFICULTY!

"FCKNBLSHTEOPIRGQU9ERHG89-QHERG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Soon after that picture was taken Gordon Cole was bowed to death. The above quote were the mutters that spewed out of my mouth two seconds later...
    time for attempt #2. Same characters, other garbage.
    Alright, prog-rock progress. After restarting and catching up, I got to Nashkel, I got Minsc, went to the Gnoll Stronghold and got the Gauntlets of Dexterity (which with a mod I got only give +2 dexterity) and gave them to Ajantis, and got Dynaheir using Minsc's stealth ability.

Afterwords I give Dynaheir the potion of invisibility from Jaheira, Minsc sneaks back down, then I head to the Ankheg Farm, kill Sonner, get Tenya her bowl and Albert/Imoen level up, then I head to the Temple, get Sirene temporarily, and the then attempt the Nashkel Mine.

And after an hour of going back to the temple, reviving dead members, and returning, I finally made it down to Mulahey, no to kill him however. I remove Sirene, she goes back to the Temple, and I get Xan in my party, who now, because of another mod, is a Fighter/Enchanter. I run in there with my monk, grab the Moonblade, and get the hell outta dodge. Afterwards, I leave, get Xan some splint mail, tried to teach him Mirror Image and Burning Hands but both failed, then I got him a longbow, a small shield +1, arrows, a helmet, the Ring of Wizardry (which now only give +1 spells for levels 1-4), and did some random quests around leveling up Ajantis, Minsc, and Imoen again.

Then I had a cool little banter with Ajantis about what justice truly means, talked with Xan about the futility of man, and then a banter with Imoen got really incestual and I don't know why they would add that to a banter mod. Annnyyway.... next time all just be leveling up the strange party I got.
    Apologies, I never relayed the plot of this little no-reload run, well, for those wanting to get immersed in the world of...this...here ya go. (Breathes in deeply) Forty years ago, Cooper wrote this letter and delivered it to Gordon Cole before trying to find Windom Earle, the letter wrote, "Gordon, should I ever come back from my missing state, it is of the utmost impertinence that you find me. I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone, try to find Agent Vai, she'll know more than me. Gordon, I need you to get to Candlekeep and find Albert, then head to Dragonspear. I absolutely need you to make sure nothing happens to a woman by the name of Caelar Argent."
    And now, right before Cooper left once again to the Black Lodge, he wrote this to Gordon, "GORDON! It's 2:53, 2+5+3=10, the number of completion. I may not see you again for a long time, I need you to promise me that if Caelar Argent should ever die, you head to the Council in Athkatla. No time for answers now, but please
    -Cooper."
    And now, Gordon and Albert are on a mission, find Officer Vai, find Caelar Argent, and should all else fail, head to the city of Athkatla. So, there you go... plot no one care about.
    Whoopy.
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    edited November 2017
    @Stupid_Puns: You will find many tips for beating solo SCS+LoB no-reload in our challenge thread. If you got specific questions feel free to ask them.

If you wanna get a fast and easy start you can use for instances the infamous Basilisk XP Loop:

1. Sell the Ring of Wizardry near the Friendly Arms Inn and buy 24+ "Stone to Flesh"-Scrolls from Temples
    2. Get the Protection from Petrification Scroll at the Nashkel Carnival
    3. Kill Algernon in Beregost Inn to get his Cloak (Charm!!)
    4. If you lack invisibility charm Thalantyr at High Hedge and let him cast Invisibility (rest inbetween to refresh Algernons Cloak!)
    5. Travel to the Basilisk area in the East (Invisibiity will still be up)
    6. Charm a Lesser Basilisk out of Invisibility (retreat, rest and get invisibilty back again)
    7. Once charm works use Protection from Petrification on yourself and engage the Baslisks around
    8. Find a Greater Basilisk and wait until your new friend will petrify him
    9. Use Stone to Flesh Scroll on the Greater one and repeat the petrifying
    10. Make sure that you (or your basilisk friend) dont hit the petrified Big One and immediately retreat if the Greater Basilisik targets your friend (use Stone to Flesh to get your Lesser Basilisk back if needed)

On your way to get all those items for the XP loop feel free to collect other items (Ankheg Armor etc.) or some XP (kiting Shoal for easy 5k XP is always welcome). Depending on your micromanagement and the save rolls this will take 10-20 minutes until you reach the XP cap. Move on with your newly aquired powers and smash the enemies into pieces. Hopefully! :D
    So, after the Nashkel Xan retrieval, I went to High Hedge, then Red Canyons, and got Melicamp. Then, went back to Thalantyr.

And, with lady luck on my side, Melicamp came back to life.

Then, after some little quests (Albert and his Dog, Joseph's Greenstone Ring), I made my way to Fire Leaf Forest and killed a bunch of travelers, and got a Scimtar +1, Studded Leather Armor +2, Xan, Gordon, and Albert leveled up, AND later I got the Bracers of Archery for Xan.

And then, all of sudden, over the horizon, chickens in helicopters, nope, wait, oh, I remember...
    A garbled scream came out of my mouth, my chair tipped over, and I kneed my desk. Why?

huh.................................................well................attemptnumberthree............................mmm.....