Skip to content

High Resolution Artwork/Wallpapers

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
Hello everyone.

Does anybody have any concept artwork, wallpapers or in-game backgrounds? I've been trying to collect artwork from the favourite games of mine but it's no easy thing.

If anybody has old wallpapers from the official site years ago, or the in game areas pieces together, maps, concepts, things like that, please post a link here.
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2012
    Also, is there a way to rip character portraits from the game? I assume you can but I know not how.

EDIT: I got my forum picture from Google, does anyone know where it comes from?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Ward

GOG.com's release of Baldur's Gate comes bundled with all character portraits, artwork and high resolution wallpapers (among other things).
    Does it? Whoa, if only my internet connection wasn't rubbish. I'd buy it just for the artwork, but I don't think I'll be able to. Does that mean that it's against the law for anyone to post artwork here that's copyrighted? I don't intend to use it for any purpose other than occasional admiring.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Ward

There used to be an artwork section for Baldur's Gate at Game Banshee, but I see now it's been removed. Probably GOG.com didn't want free access to that stuff around the web, now that they're bundling it with the game. If it can be of any consolation, that artwork wasn't particularly impressive.
    Ward
  • ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82
    Yes, I think it would be great for the developers to let us have some nice HD wallpapers to stare at while we are waiting for the game!
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    That would be great, although I doubt we'll get much. Just stuff on the new characters - which is great! I mean, I had zero interest in the Neera character until stuff showed up at the CandleKeep Library (here). She seems interesting and funny, so I'll tolerate summons of chickens and other chaos!

edited September 2012
    @ChurchOfBoo Well I know it's not the same, but you can always stare at some nice HD wallpapers that I have masterfully restored with my uh... skillfulness. :P

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/88882

Also bumping an old thread like this? What is up with that?