Skip to content

Saved Nalia's Keep - Thinking of taking a Week's Vacation before Windspear - Possible Spoilers

DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
So, I just finished "The de'Arnise Keep has been Invaded" and then initially wanted to drop off the Acorns to the Dryad Fairy Queen. Seemed simple enough.

I spoke to the Firkraag guy so I could get the location ... and set off on my way.

All sorts of nonsense (time consuming nonsense at that) then fell on to my party.

I also know that, at the same time, her father's funeral - > obnoxious "groom to be" timer is running.

At this juncture, would there be any long term impact of just spam resting a week to meet the "funeral -> groom abduction" timer trigger ?

I would like to clear all that up and get Nalia back before the whole Windspear Saga starts .....

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    This is an RPG.

You can spend approximately nine thousand years resting without altering the plot to any significant degree.

But what you should be doing is going to Windspear, killing those paladins, then heading back to Athkatla without talking to Garren Windspear, then spend the week setting up ambushes for Cowled Wizards and Paladins to power level while you wait, obviously.
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Meh. Not so much interested in power leveling as trying to optimize my party for fun / personality interaction ...

I'm liking BG 2 a lot so far but it seems like there's a lot more time pressure and overlapping timed quests than BG1 where you could wander and explore a bit more at your leisure ....

Right now, I want to keep Nalia with the least amount of down time (and avoid her leaving permanently) ... and then dump Yoshimo ...

Having her funeral /snobby groom line hit right in the middle of some of these heavier plot lines seems undesirable .... thus the question ...
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    You can enable the console and spawn the messenger for Nalia's quest instantly if you want, but obviously does somewhat spoil the immersion.

console commands for various quests

Please note there's commands for a bunch of quests and possibly some spoilers, so bear that in mind before clicking.
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Thanks for that Borek. I'll keep that in mind for future PC runs.

I'm on the iPAD for this game so console magic is denied to me ....

I jumped back a bit and decided to fiddle around with Uncle Quale's quest to kill the time instead of hitting Windspear.

I can see I really got spoiled in BG1 being able to almost roam around almost at leisure ... lol BG2 feels more like my job - with tons of overlapping deadlines ....