Skip to content

Daystar, carries me through the game.

Anyone else use love this weapon lol. First one I get in the game honestly and it just carries me haha. +4 vs. Evil and Double Damage Vs. Undead. haha Great.
OrlonKronsteenThacoBellronaldoAerakarJuliusBorisovBeetleCalmar

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Yeah, definitely one of the best weapons in the game, the Lich's Broom-Cupboard is one of my 1st destinations.
    OrlonKronsteenThacoBell
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    The Sunray ability early on is pretty handy too. It's great to use it against the Shade Lord at the Temple Ruins.
    AerakarBeetlelolien
  • Igneous_AvesIgneous_Aves Member Posts: 41

Borek said:

Yeah, definitely one of the best weapons in the game, the Lich's Broom-Cupboard is one of my 1st destinations.

Don't try that with SCS installed. :D
    SCS....hmm, no idea what that is lol
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    dunbar said:

I personally believe that SCS stands for Suddenly Can't Survive or alternatively, Swift Certain Suicide. Others however know it as a mod called Sword Coast Strategems which adds 'intelligence' to the game/enemies and generally makes it more challenging.

Edit: The relevant thread is "Sword Coast Stratagems now available for BG:EE".

When it comes to liches I tend to think SCS stands for "Sodding Cheating Scumbags".
    Since when have doorways become a viable tactical weapon for the enemy?

I love it.
    BorekAerakardunbarthar_thaazdhen
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I wish there was a difficulty mod that would beef up trash mobs a bit, but didn't touch the higher level enemies. I would love to see Kobolds, Gibberlings, Xvarts, etc. be more difficult without breaking lore. Wheras things like Mindflayers and Golems still wreck me easily.
    Zaghoul
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    ThacoBell said:

I wish there was a difficulty mod that would beef up trash mobs a bit, but didn't touch the higher level enemies. I would love to see Kobolds, Gibberlings, Xvarts, etc. be more difficult without breaking lore. Wheras things like Mindflayers and Golems still wreck me easily.

You want to make Nashkel Mine harder?
    (my personal bugbear of an area)

Go away and think about what you are saying. :p:D
    ThacoBell
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    ThacoBell said:

Funny, I’m actually the opposite. My least favorite part of LoB is treating every Kobold and hobgoblin encounter like a life or death situation, while higher caliber foes are more manageable because they don’t come in dozens.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    It doesn't have to life or death, but currently all these encounters are a non-issue by level 2.
  • Igneous_AvesIgneous_Aves Member Posts: 41
    I wouldn't want those rando little things being more annoying, they are spindly and weak for that reason. Give you a since of triumph! Only until you then fight real things lol
  • malachi151malachi151 Member Posts: 152
    I can't figure how the "does double damage vs undead" works or if ti works at all. What exactly does the "double damage" apply to?

Normally I should hit for 10-17 with Daystar, and even against undead that's what it hitting for. There is also extra damage. It shows an additional 2 damage plus 4 additional magic damage and 2 more additional magic damage. Is this the "double damage"?

So does it not hit for double base damage, like it's not going to do 20-34, but rather it's going to do 10-17 + 4 + 4 more vs undead? The "double" is 4 additional damage? It's not clear how this is supposed to work...
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    I guess something like this:

1d8x2+4 or +6 vs. undead 1d8x2+6 or +8 vs. evil undead

+bonuses (STR, prof., ect.)

but to tell the truth:

SkatanDragonspear
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    One of my favourite weapons... mostly as I imagine the Sunray ability to be triggered by an up-thrusting "Power of Greyskull" motion.
    UnderstandMouseMagicDragonspearBeetle