Skip to content

Creating a Group of Chararcters

When starting a new game on 1 of official campaigns, can you create a group of 6 characters from or can you only create 1? Are there NPC that can join you in your group in the story? Also when playing a custom module can you roll a group or just 1 character

Thx

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    As far as I know, you can only enter the game as one premade or new character.

In the original campaign, you can hire one other NPC to join your main character. There are six to select from and I've always swapped them out to use all of them to some extent. They level up to match your main character's level.

In the Shadows of Undrentide expansion, you can also get one other NPC to join your main character. In chapter one, you have two choices. In the transition, you have three choices. In the first two parts, you can swap out the joinable NPCs, but for the final chapter you have to choose from the three who to take with you.

In Hordes of the Underdark, you can get up to two NPCs to join your main character. I won't fully spoil here, but you can only bring one of the few selections into chapter two and beyond. Depending upon your choices, you'll have two to four NPCs to pick from for chapter two and beyond.

Custom modules that are designed for full parties are pretty rare in my experience, but I've been out of the loop for a few years now, so perhaps this has changed. Almost all of the custom modules that I've played have been designed for one to three characters. I can only remember one or two that allowed more than three. You can get mods that will allow you to make and customize your own parties, but just keep in mind that in doing this you'll miss out on a lot of content and possibly break and trivialize things.
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    Thx!