Skip to content

My list of Feature Requests I would love to see for Enhanced Edition

NWN is one of my favourite games of all time, glad to hear you guys are bringing it up to date :)

Interface/Controls:
• Make it possible for players to add more action bars to the interface.
The original limit of 36 ran out pretty fast, especially for spell casters with meta-magic feats, and if you have multiple scrolls/potions or other similar items or different weapon/shields/ammo binds.

• Let players fully configure keybindings.
Especially the keys for the action bar.

• Change how those toggle-able feats/skills work:
it was really annoying having our feats/skills toggle off all the time.
if some feats/skills require certain conditions, don't turn off the toggle, but disable the benefits for those feats/skills until they meet the conditions again.

• Let us have some way of filtering how our buffs/debuffs display on the interface.
Sometimes it is nice to have certain buffs like they currently do, but sometimes I feel like it would be much more beneficial to have the actual buff displayed instead of all its effects.

• Better handling of ammo/throwing weapons.
When you run out of a stack of ammo, a new one was equipped automatically, I think ammo of the same type was prioritised if available, but it would be nice to have more control of what ammo to prioritise when we have multiple different types.
for throwing weapon's however i believe that when you run out of a stack there was no auto equipping of a new stack, I could be wrong tho.
Possible solution: let us equip multiple ammo stacks like in baldur's gate, or have quivers or similar containers for both ammo and throwing weapons, and let us place ammo/throwing weapons in the order we want to prioritise.
I think Dungeons and Dragons Online had ammo containers like that.

Character:
I also posted these 2 in a previous post, so sorry for double posting these, but i wanted to include them here as well.
• Increase Multi-Class Limit.
if not by default it would be nice to have as a server side option.
I can think of a ton of characters that could benefit from additional classes/prestige classes, even with just one additional class, but it would be really awesome if there was no limit like in PnP D&D or like in a few other D&D games like Temple of Elemental Evil and Icewind Dale II.

• Let us Dual-Wield Throwing Weapons.
I also think there was certain other one-handed weapon's that was only usable in your mainland. whip and caster staves comes to mind and there could be others but I can't remember for sure.

Custom modding/Server side Features:
• Unhardcode all feats/skills for player feats/skills.
Some stuff was hardcoded and could not properly be modified.
Would be nice if each feat/skill had its own script and didn't call on functions that are inaccessible (whirlwind attack comes to mind, it had a script but it just called on a "perform whirlwind attack" function which was hardcoded), would be nice if feats/skills that only have passive effects also had its own script or editor.

• Support for Increased level cap.
I played on one server that had an artificial level cap of 60, but it was kinda wonky, your character sheet still displayed 40 but you would gain extra class features and ability score increased and feats, would be nice if you could just increase the base cap instead.

• Support for Actual Custom Subraces.
Some servers i played on had special scripted subrace options, so while creating your character you would have to first select your race bu clicking its button and then click the subrace and typing in the race, so you would have to visit the server forum and check what available subraces there are. and after finishing character creation and logging in you would get a "message applying subrace features please relog" so after relogging you would have the correct subrace features. and i think there was some issue when making a human with a subrace, even though human is selected by default in character creation, if you didn't click on human before subrace there could be some issues.
Would be nice if the custom subraces could be added as selectable options at character creation instead.

• Interface Mods/Addons
Would be nice if we could modify the interface without it affecting gameplay mechanics or interfering with other non-interface server side or custom content.
Proont

Comments

• TondenTonden Member Posts: 223
    Could these features be added?

1. “ Unlock Camera “ so that we can look straight up at the sky
    2. Add more armor slots like Bracers, Earrings, and so on (even if the community needs to create the items.)
    3. Higher Polly counts for Tilesets, Creatures, NPC, and Player Character Models.
    4. Higher textures support.
    Proont
  • jbaudrandjbaudrand Member Posts: 11
    For multiplayer:
    Could you add a teamspeak feature, directly in the game engine?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Please, from now on see this post if you have a certain suggestion/report (to understand where to better put it).