Skip to content

Gifting bug

For some reason my friends game does not show up on his account, even though he has redeemed it at the site. Any idea how to fix this? He sent a ticket out some time ago.

Comments

• ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    edited November 2017
    Hi there!

I was wondering if we might be able to get some steps in what occurred. My current assumption on the steps is as follows:

- You (or someone else) gifted your friend a version of NWN: Enhanced Edition preorder
    - Your friend redeemed the game on their account

Is:
    - Your friend is unable to play the head-start?
    - Your friend not seeing the preload install in their Beamdog client?
    - Your friend only seeing 'buy now' buttons on any version of NWN:EE in the Beamdog client?
    - Your friend using the new Beamdog client, as opposed to the previous version?

If possible, filling in any steps or symptoms I missed might help figure out what might've gotten wrong, such info would be very helpful. :)

Thanks!
  • TyranthosTyranthos Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2017
    I gifted my friend a version of NWN enhanced edition. The standard.
    He was unable to even see the game on his beamdog account. However, the last five minutes it just showed up so the point seems moot atm! Thanks for the quick response anyhow!
    (To clarify, it didnt show up on the website either. Even though he had reedemed the game.)
    Very strange!

It's possible that we're just being slammed, and there was a slight delay.

Thank you for letting us know! I'll be posting instructions on getting into the Head Start beta shortly.

Glad this all got sorted out. :)
  • PeonyBudPeonyBud Member Posts: 1
    Yea, I was gifted one by my husband and I redeemed it but it's still not showing up and that was over an hour ago. Just the standard version here also. It's also not showing up in my profile either.
  • DM_KitiaraDM_Kitiara Member Posts: 1
    Hello!
    A friend of mine made the same. He gifted me the game NWNx standard Ed. and... I'm waiting to Get It.
    Do you really think is only a slight delay?
    It happened 10 hours ago.
    These steps:
    -He bought it
    -He sent it to my email
    -I registered my email on beamdog
    -I downloaded the beamdog client
    -I putted the key-code on the webside
    -I confirmed the email.
    -No GetStarted.

My husband has the same problem: he already sent a ticket to the support.

Any Idea?!
    @PeonyBud
    Greetings!

Have you followed the steps to grant yourself access to the head start as listed here?:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66994/installing-playing-the-head-start-version-of-nwn-ee#latest

@DM_Kitiara
    I'll take a look to see what I can find and respond here when I do. I highly suggest posting a ticket to our customer support system:

https://beamdog.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new