Skip to content

Custom Classes and Races

I would love to see a way to easier make custom classes and races and being able to select them when you create your character in the specific module that you are playing.
MordaedilBaratanRandomPersonSunssarathi2029Prince_Raymond

Comments

• DeleDele Member Posts: 9
    Here's to hoping PRC pack will be updated to NWNEE.
    Flashburn[Deleted User]Sunssarathi2029
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    Base classes are now doable. Additional races will require a restructure to the race selection GUI, since it has 7 fixed buttons rather than a listbox. Not a huge change, but also nontrivial.
    JuliusBorisovSunssarathi2029Prince_Raymond
  • PortaizPortaiz Member Posts: 2
    That's so great to hear.
    In that case. Take my money!
    Sunssarathi2029
  • Idelish_LyoIdelish_Lyo Member Posts: 2
    Agreed with Sherincall. Seems easy to change Races selection menu but I think that in the code some changes will be needed to make it works. Maybe using the same base code for class selection menu? Anyway, It will be great.

How to indeed make it possible with the current resources?
    Well... why not to start using the "PlayerRace" column of "racialtypes.2da" to make that races with the value at 1 appear on race selection screen. In the same "2da" It'll be possible to add some new colums, as "Apperance" to determine which apperance at the "apperances.2da" will be used by the new race. The next 2da requirement will be default colour skin, and hair from the palette.

Behind the courtains it will be neccesary to apply some code to make buttons to do what they need to do, I mean choose a race.

2DA V2.0

Label Abrev Name ConverName ConverNameLower NamePlural Description Appearance StrAdjust DexAdjust IntAdjust ChaAdjust WisAdjust ConAdjust Endurance Favored FeatsTable Biography PlayerRace Constant AGE ToolsetDefaultClass CRModifier Apperance HairColorPalette SkinColorPalette

ANOTHER IDEA: Custom color palettes?... yeah, I know that sounds boring and great at same time.

Sunssarathi2029
  • OnTheOtherHandOnTheOtherHand Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2017
    It shouldn't be too difficult and honestly, I'd love to see a more diverse selection of races (like Tieflings and Drow). This is something the Beamdog team needs to take a page from Obsidian's book, specifically NWN2 and its selection of races.

The ones who I think can be implemented easily are Azers, Troglodytes, Kobolds, Minotaurs, Gnolls, Bugbears, Hill Giants, Pixies, Gargoyles, and Rakshasas. Why? Because they are already present in NWN, throughout the OC, EPs, and Premium Modules. The art already exists. And since they're already in the game, we can assume they're compatible with D&D version 3.
    1130210Sunssarathi2029
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    They should definitely change the char creation UI to allow more than the base races, but adding the ones you suggest isn't quite that simple @OnTheOtherHand. They aren't dynamic creatures which means that things like armor and even weapons won't render on them.

Can you imagine the outcry if they officially released something that didn't fully "work"? Just unlock the UI and let us do the work there.
    OnTheOtherHandRAM021
  • OnTheOtherHandOnTheOtherHand Member Posts: 8
    Fair enough, @MadHatter .
  • PorkinsPorkins Member Posts: 1
    If there is the ability for custom base races, one thing to consider is an actual Effective Character Level implementation.
  • ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156

Base classes are now doable. Additional races will require a restructure to the race selection GUI, since it has 7 fixed buttons rather than a listbox. Not a huge change, but also nontrivial.

in the old days we used the subrace button on PW servers to create new races. the server code itself of the module modified it.
    Sunssarathi2029
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    New base classes aren't entirely ready yet. When you get to the configure package section, no packages are visible, so just pick the configure option (which almost everyone does anyway). I've posted a bug regarding this.
  • metagamermetagamer Member Posts: 26
    In my opinion there is no need to change this aspect.

You can EASILY have subrace, get them from script and modify whatever you want.

Yes, it requires time and skills but it is already feasible to have custom races/subraces.
  • EbonstarEbonstar Member Posts: 152

It shouldn't be too difficult and honestly, I'd love to see a more diverse selection of races (like Tieflings and Drow). This is something the Beamdog team needs to take a page from Obsidian's book, specifically NWN2 and its selection of races.

The ones who I think can be implemented easily are Azers, Troglodytes, Kobolds, Minotaurs, Gnolls, Bugbears, Hill Giants, Pixies, Gargoyles, and Rakshasas. Why? Because they are already present in NWN, throughout the OC, EPs, and Premium Modules. The art already exists. And since they're already in the game, we can assume they're compatible with D&D version 3.

im not sure how its done, but we have had tieflings, drow and monster races for years on Arelith. maybe if you ask Liareth she can give a heads up on how we have done it and how it can be done easily in the EE.
  • clansunstarclansunstar Member Posts: 33
    Dele said:

I am currently working on an update to the PRC, Depending on what is added to the game in the EE version will depend on how or if the PRC gets updated to the EE edition. To date no one has contacted me in regards to any addition of any PRC material. I have to see what they do with the game before I can decide if I can update the PRC for it. I may be stuck updating it for 1.69 only.
    Sunssarathi2029
  • Barry_1066Barry_1066 Member Posts: 77
    My module, Realms or Annakolia, does not use the PRC - we have our own custom classes and races -

Annakolia Custom Prestige Classes:

Acrobat
    Eldritch Knight
    Bladesinger
    Duelist
    Holy Liberator
    Mage Guard
    Mystic Theurges
    Spellsword
    Arcane Trickster
    Summoner
    Templar
    Purist of the Flame
    Totem Druid
    Warder
    Shapechanger
    Shaman
    Arrow Reaver
    Temple Raider
    Golem Maker
    Horselord
    Traveling Merchant
    Wind Sniper
    Winter Witch
    Mystic

Just making sure that custom content will work as before:

CEP Team Leader (Barry_1066) with Malashara, Throbblefoot, 420 and Custom class expert Flamecrow.
    shadguy
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    1130210 said:

I think Beamdog really needs to add new races. It's obvious that it's doable.

As for people saying, "What if it doesn't work correctly," well that's a problem we need to deal with. Obviously that's a risk game designers take in almost every aspect of almost every thing they add to almost any game in almost any scenario in the gaming industry.

Of course it's doable. I mean,ideally I wish for a NWN2 style subrace menu at character creation.
    MadHatterZest001
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381

Dele said:

I am currently working on an update to the PRC, Depending on what is added to the game in the EE version will depend on how or if the PRC gets updated to the EE edition. To date no one has contacted me in regards to any addition of any PRC material. I have to see what they do with the game before I can decide if I can update the PRC for it. I may be stuck updating it for 1.69 only.
    You would be a God of D&D if you updated the PRC to work with the EE version. I had problems with the file not updating modules, saying "NWN is not installed."
    Zest001

My module, Realms or Annakolia, does not use the PRC - we have our own custom classes and races -

Annakolia Custom Prestige Classes:

Acrobat
    Eldritch Knight
    Bladesinger
    Duelist
    Holy Liberator
    Mage Guard
    Mystic Theurges
    Spellsword
    Arcane Trickster
    Summoner
    Templar
    Purist of the Flame
    Totem Druid
    Warder
    Shapechanger
    Shaman
    Arrow Reaver
    Temple Raider
    Golem Maker
    Horselord
    Traveling Merchant
    Wind Sniper
    Winter Witch
    Mystic

Just making sure that custom content will work as before:

CEP Team Leader (Barry_1066) with Malashara, Throbblefoot, 420 and Custom class expert Flamecrow.

Do all your custom spell caster classes work? I was told it would not be possible to make custom castor classes in the EE.
    1130210 said:

Dele said:

You would be a God of D&D if you updated the PRC to work with the EE version. I had problems with the file not updating modules, saying "NWN is not installed."
    It all depends on whether or not custom spell classes can be made in the EE, if not I can only update it for the 1.72/1.69 version of NWN.
  • BradgeBradge Member Posts: 24
    With the new screenshots circulating that show a race selection menu, when will details be released on how to create this menu via haks or however?
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    edited May 2018
    @Bradge The new race selection menu is available on the development version, and its replacing the original race selection buttons from 1.69; all you need to do is open the racialtypes.2da and set the player race column to 1 for any given race, causing the race to appear in the list. Outside of tlk entries that need to be assigned and other 2das being made for things like starting feats, it should be pretty simple to use.
    Proont
  • RoiDesCreoles_NWnRoiDesCreoles_NWn Member Posts: 7
    PRC EE works provided you make the character in the PRC character creator, now if we can maybe get Beandog and the PRC to figure out why i get a crash trying to create a character in the game, (i'm on developer build so races are available.)
    I would love to learn how to create packages, so PRC classes could be used for NPCs I'm already thinking about determining what breath weapon a Dragonfire Adept would select in combat thing is it would need to cycle through each monster to see which vulnerabilities/resistances it had then increment/decrement a variable for each breath weapon it had, then find the most effective one and attack while not hitting other non hostile npcs. still basically flowcharting it.

1130210 said:

Dele said:

It all depends on whether or not custom spell classes can be made in the EE, if not I can only update it for the 1.72/1.69 version of NWN.
    PRC EE works in EE, just crashes on creating a character from scratch, at least w/ custom race and class, will do further testing. and report back.
    clansunstar

PRC EE works in EE, just crashes on creating a character from scratch, at least w/ custom race and class, will do further testing. and report back.

PRC Race (at least Nazatharune Rakshasa) crashes on trying to load module using PRC added Prelude when creating character in EE.
    clansunstar
    human ninja crashes as well. still need to use PRC character generator to create characters, will post a screen shot of PRC character in NWN EE or, rather, a link to it on steam in a few minutes.

clansunstar
    correction to above post, vanilla races/PRC classes works as well
    my steam images for NWN EE
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046558197/screenshots/?appid=704450&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    I am trying to create a new class and everything works fine except the packages. It finds the right package line as the strrefs to the name and description shows up correct yet everything else is just wrong. No matter what I specify in the packages.2da it keeps on thinking this is a Sorcerer. Recommend ability is always CHA not DEX, starting gold is 75 rather than 50, starting equipment is sorcerer robes and scrolls, it always picks Spellcraft for skills even though it is not even in the PackSK*.2da.

Here is the entry into packages.2da. Any ideas?

Label Name Description ClassID Attribute Gold School Domain1 Domain2 Associate SpellPref2DA FeatPref2DA SkillPref2DA Equip2DA Soundset PlayerClass

180 Maverick 115000 115003 70 DEX 50 **** **** **** **** **** PackFTMave1 PackSKMave1 PackEQMave1 0 1
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Here some info, hope it helps.
    pscytheGrymlorde
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    ShadowM said:

Here some info, hope it helps.

Yeah been reading that a few times and also this http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Packages.2da, but still no idea. LOL