Skip to content

Infinite Dungeons: No transition out of starting area

As title. After speaking with Little Timmy, you can open the door but there is no transition into the dungeon itself.
JuliusBorisovmancerRAM021

Comments

• ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Hm, that's very strange, I was using it myself just yesterday.

What is the order of events you're seeing
    1) You go through the conversation with Little Timmy
    2) You click on the door to the dungeons
    3) The door opens(?)

Any other steps involved?

I will attempt to repro the issue here, and will respond when I find something.
    JuliusBorisovMadHatter
    Hey there MadHatter,

The issue has been confirmed, and I've filed a high bug on the matter, with luck we should be able to get a fix out in the next build. I'll follow up here when I get more news.
    JuliusBorisovMadHatter
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    Yup this Module is NOT working i just tried it....
    ETA when it will be fixed?
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    @thrudd They played Infinite Dungeons on the live stream today, so it's fixed in whatever build they are using internally. That's a good sign that the next patch will address it.
    Indeed, I'm looking at the ticket, and we have a potential fix in the pipeline (ideally) for the next build.

As to the date of the next build, that is currently unknown to me, but I'm hoping not too long.

Don't worry, I'm keeping an eye on this one, I enjoy Infinite Dungeons. :wink:
    JuliusBorisov
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited November 2017
    I've encountered similar issues with area transitions, although that was in player made modules so I didn't bother reporting them - the modules in question are Swordflight and Crimson Tides of Tethyr, however, and neither of them works without the transitions in question, so I'm assuming there'd at least be a single post about that somewhere on the internet if the bug weren't caused by the updated EE version. I've looked in the toolset and from what I can gather the area transitions exist as they should there, the engine just doesn't show them ingame for some reason.

edit: I checked with my old NwN Diamond installation and confirmed that at least the Swordflight transition is fully functional there.

@Shaiden , I know you guys aren't able to look at custom content so I don't have any expectations on you all, but could you say if the fix you mentioned was more of a universal one or just applies to that one instance in the Infinite Dungeon module?

Also did you change your name?
    Post edited by scriver on
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    @scriver The fix unbreaks all scripted area transitions, so custom content is affected as well. This was a EE thing from the current build, and is slated to be in for next. It's a beta!
    JuliusBorisov
    @niv - Thanks for the answer, that was exactly what I was wondering. (Also I know it's a beta :P )
    JuliusBorisov
    @scriver I just switch names between discord & steam, that's about it ;)

Glad to hear you got the info you wanted, thanks for catching that @niv!
    JuliusBorisov
    @Shaiden - Yeah I mistook your profile pic for @niv for some reason ;)
  • MordaedilMordaedil Member Posts: 56
    When hosting Infinite Dungeons we just get a "please buy the premium modules" screen, which is kinda confusing given how this release is. And I can't host it like I could in NWN1 from the Multiplayer screen, so is multiplayer in Infinite Dungeons just no longer possible except in NWN1 non-EE? That'd be unfortunate.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hello,

the premium modules multiplayer situation is known to us and obviously not intended. We're dealing with a regression here that we hope to have fixed soon. Keep in mind this is early beta! Stuff breaks!
    JuliusBorisovRAM021
  • MordaedilMordaedil Member Posts: 56
    No problem, niv. I only bring it up because I want the game to be the best it can be.
    JuliusBorisovRAM021
  • ArckonArckon Member Posts: 7
    I am having the same problem, post fix.

Anything I can do to force the new version to install?