Skip to content

Can't seem to post in the feats/spells section atm, so I'll leave this here.

So I was looking at the release notes and seen counterspell being on the list of edits. Here's what they say about it;

This potentially fixes that; Counterspell cleaned up properly, no longer grants, a wizard with an instananeous spell cast after it is finished.

I was wondering if it also fixed a potential exploit. It took two or three people to do. Pretty sure it was three. One would cast spells, one would counterspell the caster and then the third I think was supposed to counterspell them. After that, one of them could use a spell and it'd unleash a ton of spells at once, causing a lot of lag in the process- which was known as bullet casting. I was wondering if that specific entry means that that's been patched out. Here's another reference of said bug.

If this DOES in fact fix this bug, great. If not, I definitely would suggest fixing counterspell enough where crazy things like that don't happen. :)

(For the not being able to post in the feats/spells section, I have no idea what's happening there. When I go to post the comment it poofs).

Comments

• BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    You posted this four times to the feats/spells thread. :)
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Some posts were blocked by the spam filter, this made some confusion. If you report the duplicated posts (as you have already some @BelleSorciere ) we will delete them.

Disappearing posts can be reported to a moderator, or in this thread.
  • IndyWendieGoIndyWendieGo Member Posts: 62

You posted this four times to the feats/spells thread. :)

Yeah, there was a filter that held my posts for two days (that's why I titled the thread that way)- though I have no idea what I had done to trigger them. Haven't done anything against the ToS, though it could be the frequent posting though.

I updated the other thread, but for those actually wondering- Niv said that Bullet Casting should be fixed, however the key word is should. So people with servers and persistent worlds- if you have friends, be sure to test it.
This discussion has been closed.