Skip to content

Corrected Lich Behaviour for Gated Demon

Is there any mod that fix Lich behaviour for his gated demon? After he casts gate, he ignores party and attack the demon until it dies. It kinda kills the challange of liches. Is there any mod besides the atweaks' demon component? I dont want to use atweaks because it buffs the demons which i dont want.

Comments

• ariakas2ariakas2 Member Posts: 80
    Or is there anyone can point out how can i make lich and pit fiend to be the same allegiance?
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    I think casting protection from evil on the lich will solve the problem. The lich forgets that sometimes before summoning a demon
    edited November 2017
    He cast protection from evil before gating and still attacks the demon. Demon doesnt attack to lich indeed.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    Liches are immune to level 1-5. Perhaps even his own PfE
    i dont think it should be the issue because he casts other 1-5 lvl spells on himself.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    The lich correctly applies PFE on itself, which makes it invisible to its gated pit fiend--this is good. The issue after that becomes that the lich starts slinging spells at 'NearestEnemy', and given that the lich just gated a pit fiend at its feet, NearestEnemy is typically the pit fiend--this is not so good.

Out of curiosity I tried the same thing in vanilla, with the same result.
    Yes i remember this was an issue at vanilla too. I changed alignment of pit fiend with ee keeper from "goodbutred" to neutral, lich ignored the demon.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    CamDawg said:

Out of curiosity I tried the same thing in vanilla, with the same result.

What were you trying it in before vanilla? Are you saying this problem occurs in SCS, too?
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    SCS Lich does not have a problem with targeting the right person. Vanilla means non-EE BG2.
    Ahh.... I thought it was now used to refer to EE without difficulty mods. Thanks for clarifying that.
    ariakas2 said:

Yes i remember this was an issue at vanilla too. I changed alignment of pit fiend with ee keeper from "goodbutred" to neutral, lich ignored the demon.

So will this work in BG2:EE? And if so, which specific creature file should we change?

ariakas2 said:

So will this work in BG2:EE? And if so, which specific creature file should we change?
    you can open creature browser and search for pit fiend. The file is dempitsu. Under characteristics, i changed the section "ENEMY/ALLY" from goodbutred to neutral.
    Thank you, @ariakas2!