Skip to content

BG EE Android

meheramehera Member Posts: 2
Having trouble importing custom character portraits into the android version of BG EE.

Custom button doesnt appear.... Have tried different locations, and renaming the image without luck!

(Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/portraits)

Any suggestions?

Comments

• ArnebArneb Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2017
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/54737/not-an-issue-custom-portraits-ios
    These are the steps I follow on iOS, maybe you can try and apply them to Android too, at least for what concerns size and extension of the portrait files. Check first and last post.

Another thing: on iOS no custom button appears, new portraits are added at the end of the standard portraits cycle.
  • meheramehera Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    thanks - i dont think it can be done like this on android however as you manually copy the file.

I dont suppose anyone else has any ideas?

I wondered if they might have removed the feature in one of the latest updates!
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited November 2017
    Hi @mehera, you have the right folder. It may be naming convention or type of file used. I always use custom portraits and place them in that folder. The 'Custom' button doesn't show up unless you get the game recognises the images files.

Here is what I use:
    - Naming convention = xxxxxxxM.bmp (up to 7 characters, all lowercase, for the name with either a M or L at the end)
    - Must be 24b BMP
    - Image size:
    L = 420 x 660
    M = 210 x 330
    S = 169 x 266 (I don't use S any more)

If that doesn't work and the Custom button still doesn't show up, and you have a PC, you could also use EEKeeper to allocate the image to the character (either .chr file or saved game works). Place the portrait in the folder above and it will load against the game (did that in the past while trying to sort out what you are doing right now...).

[Casts spell of Detect Image]
    Gus

Edit: Did some testing throughout the day and the file worked with whatever naming convention I used; ie Cap first (XxxxxxxM.bmp), underscore first (_xxxxxxM.bmp) and Identifying gender name (m#xxxxxM.bmp, this is the method used for PC using Lefreut's UI Mod).

I have attached a couple of image files (M & L) of a character that I use:

May I present Falkas Strongblade. Bountyhunter seeking revenge for his foster father's death. Focus weapons are dagger and XBow... (Image credit goes to noiprox of Devianart)

These worked with no concern on my Note4... Give them a try and if they work, we can look at what other problems might exist...
    Post edited by Gusinda on