Skip to content

Attempting to Install CEP 2.6 now and one of my Old Modules

I am working on getting CEP 2.6 installed now. I notice they truncated folder names. I don't see a TLK folder and I can create one and see what happens, has anyone mapped how we need to use these new directory names to get older modules working?

Comments

• dwinblooddwinblood Member Posts: 38
    Well Initially it seems to be working for the module that requires it.

I put hak in hk
    I put erf in txpk though I also created an erf folder just in case
    I put tlk in a tlk folder I created

The module that required CEP 2.2 (I used 2.6) and it's own custom haks loaded... I'll test more. I'll also be trying it out in the toolset.
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    Like I said in the other thread, you put custom files in the Documents directory rather than the install as before.
    MadHatter said:

Like I said in the other thread, you put custom files in the Documents directory rather than the install as before.

I didn't see another thread. So that is irrelevant to me, and there is nothing that I have seen stickied. It looks like I'll need to relocate my documents so I don't fill up my SSD with this. :)

I'll give it a shot.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it's like how 2 did it which i think is better as it makes t less cluttered.
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    This (save files and other dynamic files under my docs) is required to be a good citizen under Windows. You generate all sorts of errors now if you try to write files from the game in "protected" directories.
    Oh I am fine with them being there... just means my SSD is going to fill up fast so I need to relocate my Documents. It was not intended as a complaint. I'm pretty happy with the fact you guys are bringing this back. I think I may have met you briefly Trent years ago when I was in Edmonton interviewing for Dragon Age: Origins Multiplayer Tech Designer before that position ceased to exist. :) Anyway, keep up the good work. It is kind of sucking me in even though I decided I was going to stop modding due to not being able to charge anything for the thousands (I put easily that in the first run) of hours into making stuff for NWN. Yet I enjoy it so much it is just hard to resist... That is a testament to how great and accessible this game is.
  • T0R0T0R0 Member Posts: 86
    You can edit the nwn.ini in your document folder to point to another drive.
    Thanks @TORO :)