Skip to content

Bhaalspawn Powers?

inkblowoutinkblowout Member Posts: 49
Hey everyone, I've just completed Shadows of Amn for the first time. (And it was a blast. Defo. my fav game of all time.) And I'm just starting ToB real soon, just watched the intro and that's it. But I've noticed that I didn't get my bhaalspawn abilities back from Irenicus.

Without any spoilers... do you become some god with like mega laser beams coming out of your fingers and stuff? Because I miss having these nice abilities :(

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited November 2017
    You won't get back those bhaalspawn powers you got in BG1. You got the Slayer change and will get *spoilers* later as abilities in connection with your Bhaal heritage.
    I think there's a mod introducing bhaalspawn powers in ToB, but i never played it and can't name it from the top of my head either.

But godlike abilities can happen, not from your bhaal-power but from your class and from the items you find.
  • inkblowoutinkblowout Member Posts: 49
    lolien said:

You won't get back those bhaalspawn powers you got in BG1. You got the Slayer change and will get *spoilers* later as abilities in connection with your Bhaal heritage.
    I think there's a mod introducing bhaalspawn powers in ToB, but i never played it and can't name it from the top of my head either.

But godlike abilities can happen, not from your bhaal-power but from your class and from the items you find.

Ah ok I figured the slayer would be upgraded somehow. But I never really use it due to the rep. decrease + roleplaying a paladin doesn't suit well with being an avatar of the lord of murder.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Originally you were planned to obtain such abilities at some point in ToB, but these were cut off in the final game. You can still find them, or at least early versions, in the game files. But yeah, in an unmodded game you won't get anything else, and some mods restore them.
    lolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Ascension adds extra bhaal powers and upgrades the slayer at a certain point.
    lolienProont
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    If you install ascension you might want to install turnabout with it. Partly because it adds familiar character to the final battle, and partly because if this is your first time and you're playing with ascension you are going to need all the help you can get. It is a difficulty spike of massive proportions, right up there with the baldurs gate 1 final battle against the big bad, mister S.
    Proont
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    I'd recommend wheels of prophecy to further enhance your role playing experience, but I had technical problems making progress with that installed. Required a bit of fixing with cheat codes and another program called eekeeper.