Skip to content

Getting a GOG key for pre-order?

It's been already said that the game will be available on Steam and on GOG. It's also been said that those who pre-ordered NWN:EE will be able to get a Steam key for that when it comes out (at the cost of their Beamdog version).

What has not been said, however, is whether we'll be able to do the same for GOG. I hope we will, but I'd like someone to confirm it if possible, please.

Thanks.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    It's not possible, unfortunately.
  • Taro94Taro94 Member Posts: 125

It's not possible, unfortunately.

Oh... could you disclose the situation? Why is it impossible?
    It's such a bummer.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I'm resigned to owning the game on Steam and GOG.
  • Taro94Taro94 Member Posts: 125

I have all my games on GOG. It's been ages since I've bought a game on Steam or otherwise - in fact, NWN:EE is the first time in a long while of me getting a game somewhere else. Love GOG's friendly staff and their no DRM policies. Thus, I'm really eager to know what's the issue about letting someone get their pre-ordered copy on GOG if it's possible for Steam...
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Taro94 said:

I have all my games on GOG. It's been ages since I've bought a game on Steam or otherwise - in fact, NWN:EE is the first time in a long while of me getting a game somewhere else. Love GOG's friendly staff and their no DRM policies. Thus, I'm really eager to know what's the issue about letting someone get their pre-ordered copy on GOG if it's possible for Steam...
    I'm buying from Beamdog for the head start and then buying from GOT at release.