Skip to content

Astoria

Anyone here remember the RP PW Astoria, Astoria 2, or any of it's other incarnations? It used to have a pretty dedicated user base, even through all of the administrative transitions until eventually it died off. Hoping there are still some Astoria players out there.

Comments

• TawmisTawmis Member Posts: 120
    Indeed. Is their site/forums no longer up? It seemed to be one of the longer running persistent worlds.
  • InfamousJoeInfamousJoe Member Posts: 12
    There's an old forum floating around dedicated to a NWN2 Astoria server that I don't think ever actually happened. Who did you play as, and on which version of the server?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2017
    I remember Dark Astoria in Paragon City. :(
  • TawmisTawmis Member Posts: 120

There's an old forum floating around dedicated to a NWN2 Astoria server that I don't think ever actually happened. Who did you play as, and on which version of the server?

I can't even remember the server ... but the character name would have been Ravenflight or Ravenblade... it's the names I typically use on MMOs and on NWN persistent worlds.
  • NicoenNicoen Member Posts: 12
    I used to play on a few of the NWN1 Astoria servers, can't remember their specific names. I played Syndul Nauer(Elven Monk).
  • InfamousJoeInfamousJoe Member Posts: 12
    I mostly played a halfling named Honus, I was also one of the DMs that went by Jinlax.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Fardragon said:

I remember Dark Astoria in Paragon City. :(

Ah, the Banished Pantheon. :(
  • GodsBaneGodsBane Member Posts: 2
    Just found this thread so forgive me. Me and a few friends played Astoria for a couple years, I had an elf that went by Amir and a fighter named Neros Kosk. Alexis McNee was one of the friends I frequented with.
  • Baron_SaturdayBaron_Saturday Member Posts: 2
    I'll unashamedly jump on the Astoria thread revival. Recognize a few names here - used to play Jaya Lyonall and Velvet d'Arque, from A2 onwards.
  • N4m3N4m3 Member Posts: 2
    HELLO! soooo long i'v been waiting for this day! hahah, is it kaine thats steering this one? so many its hard to even give it a number lol
  • N4m3N4m3 Member Posts: 2
    its passworded:S well this is a first lol
  • CasteR85CasteR85 Member Posts: 3
    Hahaha I knew some one would start an Astoria. Greetings all. I played Tassadar Tarsonise Divine knight and partner of Lady Elle. Il see if i can jump on the server today at some point.
  • CasteR85CasteR85 Member Posts: 3
    hmm i just seem to crash even with the right files added.
  • greatmamothgreatmamoth Member Posts: 1
    A bit late, but I played on NWN 1 I played a character named Mathard - Fun times.
  • muR_CrimsonmuR_Crimson Member Posts: 1
    CasteR85 wrote: »
    Hahaha I knew some one would start an Astoria. Greetings all. I played Tassadar Tarsonise Divine knight and partner of Lady Elle. Il see if i can jump on the server today at some point.

OMG...I played with you and Elle! Kendon Jorias, also a member of the Divine Knights. Oh the nostalgia is hitting hard right now!
  • TagnusTagnus Member Posts: 2
    Greetings - oh lord wow - i played for about 2 years A2 and then A-Rebirth or whatever that incarnation was called. I mainly played Tagnus, bit of a dumb dwarf heh. I actually have an updated version of the mod somewhere on a HD in my garage. i have no iea where i got it from - but it's A2 with updates.... It was never used, maybe its broken, im not sure. hmmmm tempted.... lol
    Cheers.
  • NegligenceNegligence Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020
    A2 and Rebirth were probably the greatest moments of my life! - Negligence, the sadistic vampire

If there is a copy of Astoria 2 still out there I would love to explore the lands again!
    Post edited by Negligence on
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Do you maybe mean "The Secret of Astoria - Meridian Child"?

TR
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I think there used to be a copy of the persistent world on the old vault. I've heard that many people have copies from different iterations and someone hosted an EE version of it in 2018 for a while. I have not heard anything new about this pw in a while though.
  • TagnusTagnus Member Posts: 2
    Hello - Astoria Legacy is up and running if people are interested..
  • Moraya03Moraya03 Member Posts: 1
    Hi hi, wondering if the server is still being updated and stuff, I can't seem to log in, says I'm missing a hak, doesn't sync. My old old old character there was a vampire named Moraya. Looking forward to playing with people there again as I saw it posted and I missed the awesomeness of times past.
  • GohakenGohaken Member Posts: 4
    *casts Raise Thread* yeah I played on a few of the NWN 1 Astoria's, and actually was building & GMing for a time in early-mid 2000's lol. Just downloading EE now to check it out, if there's an Astoria PW online I'll drop by.
  • walrusthiefwalrusthief Member Posts: 1
    Oh gawd. I remember some of y'all, I think Baron up there made my little forum signature. I played Sapphire and Nyota and damn that was a huge part of my teenage years. So many good times and so much cringe on my part lol

Where can we find the hak files for the Astoria Legacy server? I'd love to roam that misty isle once again.
    Yeah it seems like it's not setup to Sync, so I haven't been able to login either.
    edited August 2021
    Alright I was able to login by manually downloading the CEP 2.65 from NWVault, and the Bioware haks for the undersea stuff:

https://neverwintervault.org/cep

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/exotic-islands-n-undersea-caves-bioware

Also I was able to open it up in Aurora, and was like cathartic for me to see my old code and documentation. I forgot how much work I did on this PW mod... f'in awesome.

Think I'll poke around and see if some of my old easter eggs made it to Tim's hosted site (or whomever is hosting this.)

**** Wanna get this back off the ground?? I will build and help figure out hosting ****

-Gohaken
    Post edited by Gohaken on
  • twilightrabbittwilightrabbit Member Posts: 1
    Hiya, undersea caves is not needed anymore since a week ago when the module version was switched. The old hak was made part of the standard NWN EE installation and was just a redundant hurdle to access the module. From what I gathered the nwsync autodownloader will be configured sometime soon as well.