Skip to content

Cats

Hi!
I'm currently trying to do the ridiculous cat quest but I can't be arsed since the cats escape all the time. I looked in EEKeeper but I can't find the cats. What are they called in EEKeeper so I can get rid of this quest?
/J

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Not quite "EE Keeper" codes, since I'm not at my computer, but if I recall the cats are scripted to "escape" from CHARNAME, so if you keep her in the top right corner of the map then there will be nowhere for the cats to escape to, allowing you to collect them easily once you have all of them.
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    what cat quest?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

what cat quest?

Wild Mage forest, quest to herd cats for the wild mage guy.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    I believe the console command for the cats are:

C:CreateCreature("OHNcat")

Note they have a 5% chance to escape so take the advice from @Pantalion and try and do it in the corner of the map so you can block them in and pick them back up easily enough if 1 or 2 escapes before you can zone back to the Camp.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited December 2017
    I just cluaconsole them all into my inventory upon receiving the quest. I've replayed BG2 so many times I can't be bothered by being ridiculed by cats.
  • moparmanmoparman Member Posts: 46
    Yeah, you can only really do one at a time. Haste or boots of speed doesn't matter. I think it's random, not time based.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    moparman said:

Yeah, you can only really do one at a time. Haste or boots of speed doesn't matter. I think it's random, not time based.

Its both. After a certain number of rounds, a die is "rolled" depending on what you roll, a cat escapes.