Skip to content

question concerning death npc's

Hi,

At this part of the game i have literally dozens of npc's evil and alike lying around in the game. Is it possible to ressurect them if i have obtained that spell? ( Neera for example or Xzar and Montaron... Drow )

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    A high enough level cleric will get a raise dead spell, but I don't recall what level is needed. You can take dead party members to a temple and pay to have them revived, though it is a touch expensive. If someone has died and you kicked them from your party though, they are gone forever.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I'll quickly chime in.

Raise Dead is granted to cleric's at caster level 5. This means, they need to be at least level 9 in order to cast this.

Unless something changed with SoD, you should not be able to reach this level cap during a regular run of BGEE. You should reach it very early on into SoD.

Thus, in order to rez someone, you'll need to go to a Temple and select their raise dead from them.

If I'm not mistaken, raise dead at temple's is at least based on Reputation and Level. I think it MIGHT also be based on alignment relative to the temple, but I'm less certain about this one.

Druids can reach divine caster level 9, but they cannot raise dead (unless they're named Jaheria, and she can't reach level 9 in BGEE either).
  • ChristianusChristianus Member Posts: 6
    yea i figured so much. Thanks for answering. Resurrection at the temple is indeed lvl based maybe even main char... lvl 1 = 100 gp lvl 4/5? = 800 gp not sure about the allignment though... I already have deathguard in waiting but i'm first finishing my neurtal good game!
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Regardless of level you cannot resurrect any target outside of your party unless you started casting the spell before they died.