Skip to content

Implementing the old multi player servers

There are no doubt some servers that have been kept up to date more than others. But some have been down or in minimal use for a long time.

Will NWNEE be able to manage older versions of heavily modified persistent world servers from 10 or so years ago? The one that comes to mind most easily was named Menzoberanzan and had a lot of custom character race options.

Are any other folks already here that even remember the persistent worlds from that long ago?

Comments

• superfly2000superfly2000 Member Posts: 76
    I still play at some of them even :)
  • TimendainumTimendainum Member Posts: 24
    I've been working on reimplementing my world. The upgrade process has been pretty minimal in terms of making it work with EE.

There are other things we are looking at doing though, now that we have a lot more processing power, and many things fixed, and more in the future.

NWWX has changed some, and we're using a different database platform now, than we did back in the early '00's. So that is leading to the bulk of the changes for us.
  • EndrakEndrak Member Posts: 2
    I'm searching for whatever dev put up the Wheel of Time server. It's massively out of date and I can't find any regular players, but somebody turned it back on for the EE and I'd like to know who.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Endrak said:

I'm searching for whatever dev put up the Wheel of Time server. It's massively out of date and I can't find any regular players, but somebody turned it back on for the EE and I'd like to know who.

https://www.reddit.com/r/neverwinternights/comments/7hiknu/hosting_wheel_of_time_the_third_age_temporarily_ee/