Skip to content

Reserved 2DA lines

Back in the day, Bioware had a number of reserved lines in 2DA files. Some info on that is still available places like here: http://nwncep.wikia.com/wiki/CEP_Documentation:_2da:_Reserved_Ranges

Does Beamdog expect those reservations will serve their needs, or do y'all think you may ultimately need a larger reservation ?

-Dave

Comments

• TheGmorkTheGmork Member Posts: 37
    Good question
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    With NWN going dark for a decade a fair few mods used the reserved lines and even more are scattered all through the various thousands. If Beamdog wants maximum compatibility would they create their own reserved lines at like, 10,000 to avoid conflicts?
  • Taro94Taro94 Member Posts: 125

With NWN going dark for a decade a fair few mods used the reserved lines and even more are scattered all through the various thousands. If Beamdog wants maximum compatibility would they create their own reserved lines at like, 10,000 to avoid conflicts?

I believe this would be the best approach. No module builder could have predicted the EE, really.
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    Taro94 said:

I believe this would be the best approach. No module builder could have predicted the EE, really.
    Especially after the game had been deralict for so long.

Looking at the link it seems that CEP have "reserved" up to 10,000. How high can a 2da go? Is there a read limit on them at all?
  • TheAmethystDragonTheAmethystDragon Member Posts: 86

Especially after the game had been deralict for so long.

Looking at the link it seems that CEP have "reserved" up to 10,000. How high can a 2da go? Is there a read limit on them at all?

Depends on the 2da. The limits on the ones that really need the big numbers (such as appearance.2da and placeables2.da) were pushed up in one of the last patches (1.68 or 1.69), I think. Somewhere in the million+ range, if I recall correctly.