Skip to content

Icewind Dale Achievement Guide

Hey everyone, I got bored at work tonight and wrote up an achievement guide for Icewind Dale on Steam. I'm looking to get feedback on it to make it better (since most of the achievements just unlocked for me when I loaded a save game, I may be a bit rusty with the details on some of them), and I figure this site is the best place to get info from people who know the game well. There are also three achievements that I don't have any information on, so if someone else has already unlocked them, it would be great to know the requirements. Here's the link:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1223943100

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    Demon Slayer is killing Yxunomei
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    edited December 2017
    Tried doing the quest at the beginning with Jhonen and no such luck. Good suggestion though!

EDIT: Just realized you mentioned something completely different than what I did. I shouldn't read these things with no sleep. I'll try the bard thing!
    Post edited by gugulug5000 on
    I've got all the descriptions now guys, thanks for the help!
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    They put the Story Mode achievement in again (as was the case for BG and BG2)!? I hate it with passion, it's more difficult than getting Solo with high difficulty achievement for me.
    Never-ending boredom. Cringefest. It's like cheating but way worse as you can't prevent it, you are a god among ants, unkillable, immune to everything.
    I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but a 6-year old who never played a game before.

/rage
    Queegon said:

They put the Story Mode achievement in again (as was the case for BG and BG2)!? I hate it with passion, it's more difficult than getting Solo with high difficulty achievement for me.
    Never-ending boredom. Cringefest. It's like cheating but way worse as you can't prevent it, you are a god among ants, unkillable, immune to everything.
    I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but a 6-year old who never played a game before.

/rage

I'm not a fan of it either, but I just do a speed run with it where I do minimal quests. Doesn't take long. Unfortunately there seems to be a bug with the game remembering your save file is in story mode, so I wouldn't advise going for this one quite yet.
  • zeracool2kzeracool2k Member Posts: 1

Unfortunately there seems to be a bug with the game remembering your save file is in story mode, so I wouldn't advise going for this one quite yet.

I actually unlocked the Story Mode achievement by speedrunning the game without pause, setting the difficulty before starting the new game, no reloads.

Tried the same for Heart of Fury achievement (with a little help from the console cheats, or it would have been near impossible), to no avail. This is the only achievement I've been unable to get.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited March 2018
    the reason why you can't get the HoF mode achievement is because if you close the game and then reopen, it doesnt save the HoF mode difficulty, ( i think this also applies to reloading the game as well, but im not 100% sure) so, if you want to get the HoF mode achievement there is a way to do it and this is how:

step 1: play the game on HoF mode at your leisure, and everytime you close the game down and reopen it ( or every time the HoF mode gets turned off ) turn it back on before you play the game

step 2: beat the game doing it this way

step 3:

once you actually legitimately beat the game on HoF mode (by always turning it back on before you continue on your playthrough)
    use the cheat console and start a new game on HoF mode, then using cheats type in- CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR1105") that will warp you to the last area in IWD, as soon as the battle starts, crt+Y belhifet and the final battle will be over, and you will get the achievement

at the time being this is the only real practical way of getting this achievement

if you don't want to use cheats then you will have to play a no reload no game close play through from the beginning all the way to the end of IWD and even if you have played a no reload HoF mode game before and succeeded the problem is that you CANNOT close down your game until you finish the whole way, which can take 12+ hours at best ( and since it's a no reload game on HoF it will probably take even longer, if not way longer )
    edited March 2018
    Well Icewind Dale just got another update so hopefully the issues with Story mode and HoF mode are fixed.

And now there are cool icons for the achievements!