Skip to content

A way to turn off Mage spell memorization failure?

Is there a patch or anything that can make it so you always memorize spells, on any difficulty level? I always turn the difficulty level back to Normal to memorize spells but half the time I forget to set it back until after some major fight that I realize was too easy. This is just an annoyance I'd rather do without.

Thanks

Comments

• MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    I agree. The best thing to do would be to remove the 25 % less damage on the Normal setting.
    Or, even better, would be if the player could pick what he/she wanted, e.g. Insane but with memorize all spells.
    /J
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited December 2017
    There's a component for that in the Tweaks Anthology mod. You can find it here :

http://www.gibberlings3.net/tweaks/

It can set spell learning chance at 100%, no matter the difficulty.
    StummvonBordwehrsemiticgoddessThacoBellRAM021
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    I always turn the slider down and then run into the same thing happening as the OP.

I'd really like a system whereby you have to fulfill certain obligations for memorising spells rather than the randomness.

For instance,
    you have to be fully rested (maybe even restricted to resting in an Inn),
    a limit on the number you can do in one go (giving you some decision making),
    Using a service (temple perhaps) to pay for memorising
    Not having the scroll disintegrate but giving a time limit on when you can try again.

Basically something you can control and you have to incorporate into gameplay.

As it is, I just cheat because there are no options other than to cheat. I am a bad person, I know this.
    JoenSoArtonatbone1
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

As it is, I just cheat because there are no options other than to cheat. I am a bad person, I know this.

There are other options. The one I normally use is just to take pot luck, which provides a small element of randomness to different games to makes things interesting. If I really want to learn a spell though I just boost intelligence up to 24 using potions.
    RAM021
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Grond0 said:

There are other options. The one I normally use is just to take pot luck, which provides a small element of randomness to different games to makes things interesting. If I really want to learn a spell though I just boost intelligence up to 24 using potions.
    I don't always do paperwork.
    But when I do, I pop a whoooole bunch of amphetamines.
    ~ Most interesting mage in the world.
    Raduzielsarevok57tbone1
  • levelwormlevelworm Member Posts: 41
    Second this. I always need to quaff some potion of genius or just pull down the difficulty. I'd rather have the success rate hard-coded against, say INT.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you have NI you can go into the .2da files and go into the INTMOD.2da and just set all the values to 150 regardless of INT and you should be good to go
    thar_thaazdhensemiticgoddessRAM021