Skip to content

Net Neutrality goes down the drain

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @dreamtraveler When you don't explain what you want to say in your post it looks suspicious. What infomation and what link did you want to put into the OP?
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377

@dreamtraveler When you don't explain what you want to say in your post it looks suspicious. What infomation and what link did you want to put into the OP?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/net-neutrality-vote-live-updates-ajit-pai-latest-meaning-date-blog-stream-internet-change-a8110236.html
    that is the link i want to say that this is unfortunate
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    what does OP means ?
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited December 2017
    Original Post
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    I would encourage you to discuss this in the politics thread, where we have (and will be) discussing this subject alot.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Isn't just linking to stuff kinda spamm-y?

Well, I think it's unfortunate that net neutrality got voted against when over 300 million people had expressed serious problems with the FCC about the issue. The repeal still has to go through the courts system, though.

The FCC should have delayed the vote because hackers, with connections to Russia (around 300,000 fake emails to the FCC came from one singular address in Russia, for instance), sent emails to devalue the actual opinion of the real emails that were sent. The emails are posted to a forum specific to giving opinion to the FCC. So essentially, concern was buried under many, many, many fake emails.

The FCC was asked to delay the vote because of this. However, they didn't.

I find it despicable. One guy is just completely greedy for money that he repealed net neutrality. Now, I'm going to be completely calm on the forum, but I already expressed my opinion on Facebook much more profanely.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Welcome to China I mean, welcome to North Korea.