Skip to content

Need to purchase content (none available) importing Black Pits party into BP2?

Not sure I am doing the import right either.

Platform: Mac OS X High Sierra, lates BG games from Mac App Store (v1.3 both BG and BG2)

After completing Black Pits, I saved the game, and copied that save game folder into the saves folder for Black Pits 2. When I try to open that save to complete the import process and start the game, I get a message about needing to purchase content to play that save. As there is no DLC available for the Mac games, this message is a mystery, and prevent progress.

Is this how the import process is supposed to work (as recommended by a google search)?
Is this error message expected on a Mac App Store version of the game?
Is there a better way to import my party that might succeed?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2017
    I'll try looking in version 1.3 to see what the issue might be. You definitely shouldn't need any DLC for it.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea I think in 1.3 the only way would be to import each individual character. Rather than just a save file. You could however import individual characters from a save file in your black pits 2 save folder. But you have to actually create a new character each time and then click the "Save Game" button shown here (after clicking the "Import" button that you can see grayed out in the bottom right of this picture).

• GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Thanks - I managed to figure it out, see my subsequent post. Still could not import from a saved game though, had to individually export and import each of the six party members. Will start my quest with my fellow gladiators of that tonight :)
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Sorry for the necro, but I am now grtting the same problem importing my final save into BG2EE SoA. Is this another expected problem for the 1.3 edition, that is already solved for the 2.x series, or should I file a bug report.

Looks like I will need to export the character file again, and import that to transition to the next game.