Skip to content

December 22 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited December 2017 in News
Happy holidays!

We've prepared a summary of today's stream for all of you!

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/december-22-livestream-recap.html
lefreutAedanOrlonKronsteenkanisathaThacoBellkcwiseNonnahswriterProont

Comments

• kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    @JuliusBorisov, thanks so much for these written recaps. As a hearing impaired person I truly appreciate them.

I was very interested to read the comments about Wizards of the Coast, Beamdog's great relationship with them, and possible future D&D games. I've always wondered, and maybe @TrentOster himself would be inclined to comment on it: the old goldbox games were such a huge hit back in the day, why not try and recreate that same concept today? What I mean is a series of relatively small, modular games using 5th edition rules (which I agree is a very solid ruleset using the best ideas of the older editions) and set in different parts of the Forgotten Realms, preferably places never explored in any previous games. Seems like it could be really good money for Beamdog and a great fit for WotC's new approach to promoting D&D.
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovProont
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Thanks, I also appreciate the recaps.
    Recap said:

With a potential modifying the 3.0 ruleset in NWN:EE, we have the same main rule: don’t change, - instead, unhardcode. We’ll open up servers and modding tools to let make changes, we don’t want to affect the backwards compatibility of NWN:EE.

That's good news for all the modders out there, and good news for players too. It should be fun to see what kind of clever changes and additions creators will make.

Note: If Beamdog ever releases a Spelljammer premium mod I intend to name my ship the Lazercat. :)
    JuliusBorisovProont
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    They clearly said they would love to build a new game using 5th edition rules and that the infinity Engine will not be used for that game.
    JuliusBorisovProont