Skip to content

Hello, everyone

Hello, everyone:

I've lurked a bit on the Beamdog forums but only recently decided to join. I'm looking forward to jumping into discussions, learning some (likely a lot), and being apart of the community. I've been out of the forum "loop" for quite some time and am looking forward to be a part of the board.

Some additional background: I first broke my teeth with Neverwinter Nights when the Gold Edition came out some time ago. It was the first game I played based on D&D rules and I was quite taken by it. (Not to mention being fascinated by the Forgotten Realms (this probably also indicates my inexperience with the larger genre).) I've recently worked my way through BG:EE, BG:EE SoD and have am now currently playing through BG2:EE for the first time. I have a very special place in my heart for isometric RPGs (Tyranny, Shadowrun Returns, obviously BG, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity—to name a few).

Thank you all for reading and looking forward to reading your posts!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 427
    hail and well met! wishing you a safe and happy holiday season! :)
  • erasureerasure Member Posts: 6
    Shandaxx said:

Hi @erasure welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas!

I hope you enjoy your stay. I see that you like isometrics RPGs and it appears that you like both the Baldur's Gate games AND Pillars of Eternity.

Mind you, there are many people who dislike Pillars of Eternity because they see it as a poor, failed and shameless attempt at money grabbing by trying to imitate Baldur's Gate. I do not share that view and I am looking forward to Pillars of Eternity 2. But personally I have started to take care not to praise Pillars of Eternity too much on this forum.

Are you playing the beta of Pillars 2 by any chance?

Have fun on the forum! :)

Thank you for the welcome, Shandaxx! Merry Christmas as well.

I wasn't aware of the dislike toward PoE but I could see where some people may have a cynical outlook on it. I have found BG, BG2 and NWN to be superior but I still enjoyed PoE. To be fair, I think comparing PoE to any of those is a little unfair to PoE. I think most isometric aim to be like BG, as they have to: it set such a high standard.

Unfortunately, I'm not playing the beta. Have you had the chance? If so, what are your thoughts?
    ber5nie5 said:

hail and well met! wishing you a safe and happy holiday season! :)

Thank you, ber5nie5! The same to you.