Skip to content

How do EE's customization scripting vs. custom scripts compare?

Sorry if this has been asked-to-death-already, but the search function on this forum is worthless.

I used to play the classic BG, and toyed around with manual control, the included scripts, downloaded custom scripts, and even wrote my own custom scripts... way back in the late 90's... so I've forgotten the details now and so I'm re-learning the topic.

I was trying out the EE versions of the games and looking at the scripting options, and it looks like EE has a nice in-game customization capability, so I'm wondering what people here like -- do they use the EE scripts, do they like certain downloaded scripts, or do they like to write their own or modify the above?

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    I absolutely love the Thief Controlled script, automatically searches for traps, i also use the Thief Adventurer sometimes to keep NPC's with Hide in Shadows hidden w/o needing me to baby-sit them. But since i usually solo i don't feel the need to get anymore fancy with my scripts. I do wish that the thief controlled script would switch the detect traps on when in combat though (detect illusions ftw)
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    I usually play a party with less than 4-5 members and three of them could be plain fighters (Korgan, Dorn the fallen blackguard, Sarevok in tob etc) so I'm just absolutely fine with party AI turned off all the time.
    For some reasons AI controlled warriors tend to scatter and go after different targets, which can be annoying at times.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Ai controlled casters imo are even worst.
    I use sometimes the scripts for thief to hide or detect traps and bard to sing, but, as the battle begin, i disable AI.
    I am convinced that is possible to write custom scripts that suit the player own style, but i am too lazy to learn how to do it, everithing less lacks finesse. Fighters attacking the wrong target in the wrong moment, casters that you can not use when you need cause they wasted their spell for round on a not useful protection.
    NO NO NO!
  • NervaNerva Member Posts: 133
    I'm currently using the EE customizable script, and have my Cleric/Ranger set to "attack enemies" but also to "turn undead", and I'm noticing that in SoD he doesn't bother to try to turn undead. If I manually have him do it, the undead often times are "turned" but not "destroyed", and my recollection of the AD&D rules is whether you fail/turn/destroy is a function of your level vs. the strength (hit dice?) of the undead -- I'm wondering, does the EE script take that into account and only use Turn Undead if it knows there's a chance of destroying the undead, or is it just a case of "attack enemies" always taking precedence over "turn undead" with the EE script?