Skip to content

Back to BG / new difficulty settings

WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
Hi!

It's been a while since I last played and the difficulty settings have been changed somewhere down the line. Are the changes explained somewhere in more detail? I'd mainly like to know the differences between core, hard and insane difficulties. Like do stronger and more enemies appear in every encounter or just random ones?

Comments

• EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 943
    The number of enemies and their improved AI seems to mainly affect SoD - BG1 and BG2 are basically not affected at all as far as I can tell. You just have the usual extra damage on hard and double damage on insane, just like it had been with the original BG2.

As for SoD, the effects are real and noticable - on insane, enemies do not only appear in much bigger groups, they also get some powerful extra abilities (there is a foe who will abuse the mislead + backstab combo, for example, and your buffs will get dispelled more frequently).
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Thanks @Enuhal . I thinks I'll go with hard and most SCS mod components then.

Now I just have to decide PC class. That will probably be difficult as always :D
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Enuhal said:

The number of enemies and their improved AI seems to mainly affect SoD - BG1 and BG2 are basically not affected at all as far as I can tell. You just have the usual extra damage on hard and double damage on insane, just like it had been with the original BG2.

As for SoD, the effects are real and noticable - on insane, enemies do not only appear in much bigger groups, they also get some powerful extra abilities (there is a foe who will abuse the mislead + backstab combo, for example, and your buffs will get dispelled more frequently).

I want to add to this and say that on hard, certain enemies will an extra script or two. For one, I believe Irenicus gets a Horrid Wilting added to his spells during at least one fight.