Skip to content

Dexterity

Hi!
Thinking of doing a run with:
CHARNAME - Swashbuckler
Anomen
Keldorn
Aerie

but both Anomen and Keldorn have really bad Dexterity. Any ideas?
/J

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Give Keldorn the Gauntlets of Dexterity. Anomen as a sword and shield gets plenty of AC even without DEX bonuses and is best as a frontline so lacking ranged THAC0 (which can be patched up with cleric buffs even then) doesn't really matter.
  • malachi151malachi151 Member Posts: 152
    Load Anomen up on Draw on Holy Might and hotkey it.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277

Load Anomen up on Draw on Holy Might and hotkey it.

DUHM does not help Anomen’s DEX. It is a very good spell on him, but it does not solve his low DEX because you’d need +5 just to get the slightest benefit. But again, I have never found that Anomen is desperately in need of DEX to do his proper job.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Leave Keldorn's dexterity low, position him so he isn't holding the attention of any particularly dangerous enemies, and have Anomen with DUHM and the Gauntlets at the same time.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Pantalion said:

Leave Keldorn's dexterity low, position him so he isn't holding the attention of any particularly dangerous enemies, and have Anomen with DUHM and the Gauntlets at the same time.

Plus, Keldorn is proficient with zweihanders so he can attack while behind someone with better AC/damage resistance. Anomen with Defender of Easthaven, Balduran Plate and Saving Grace works pretty well.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i always have anomen use a sling ( everard's sling +5 ) so then i will always give the gauntlets of dexterity to keldorn
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited January 2018
    It also gives you a reason to quaff those mostly useless potions of agility!
  • BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
    Balrog99 said:

It also gives you a reason to quaff those mostly useless potions of agility!

That’s what I’d do! Give Anomen the gauntlets and make Kel quaff Potions of Agility in important dungeons/fights. They are cheap and will most likely sit unused in your inventory, anyway.

Cool story time: Eldoth was the dedicated archer in my evil team. The bastard carried the Dead Shot and The Bracers of Archery, and would intoxicate himself with Potions of Agility (sets DEX to 18) and Mind Focusing (+3 DEX) whenever he felt like being useful in crucial fights. He made the fight against SCS Daveorn a joke with his doped Dexterity + innate Poison Arrows.