Skip to content

Are there, like... new steps to connecting multiplayer/PW games? Can't connect.

omedon666omedon666 Member Posts: 48
So I'm pretty sure I've followed every step I followed back in the day, put the server software on a seperate machine, filled out the fields, loaded the game...

Logged in on my actual playing machine, direct connected as per server IP filled in password, connected....

Showed up on player list on server, nothing on my main screen... booted myself from server, got boot message on main screen.

It this a "head start is head start" thing or is there a new step that I'm missing?

Comments

• BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176
    Try loading just a sample test module via NWServer with one area and no scripts. See if the same behavior happens. If not, then take a look at your main module's OnClientEnter script as a likely cause of the problem.
  • omedon666omedon666 Member Posts: 48
    Yeah, no dice, fresh mod doesn't work either.

It's fine, I know I can't press too hard in head start... but if it's not idiot proofed post launch, then I can raise hell.

Thanks for the tip though!
    edited December 2017
    To update:

Can't even connect with a simple two person "hey let's multiplayer game" on the internet, so yeah this is definitely a "head start is head start" thing, which is of course fine...

For now.
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    Definitely not normal. Would you mind going through the steps you took? I've sometimes accidentally typed in the wrong port number or whatnot and didn't realize until I'd banged my head against a wall for hours that it was a simple solution.
    We've given up for the day because we know we cannot demand full functionality pre-launch. If we end up taking another poke at it, I'll update here, but we're understanding of pre-launch inconsistencies.

... For now.