Skip to content

Skinmesh issue not present in 1.69, but is in EE

I have a skinmesh house cat from NWN2 that look and works fine in 1.69 but has a leg stretch issue in EE, (Same exact model and setup).
The creature is supered to c_cat mdl. I have tested putting c_cat 1.69 model in hak and still having the issue. This looks like some changes to the way skinmesh are handled in EE. I will look more into it, but I suggest others check there skinmesh models for any errors in the new EE.

Comments

• ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited December 2017
    It seem they have hardcapped bones per skinmesh to 17 any bones more than 17 are ignored. I have tested skinmesh with 18 bones and they have compiled and do not cause crashes. I just think it would of been nice if they let us know. Whoever did the halaster model , now has a extra foot in EE because they used 18 bones.
    Post edited by ShadowM on
  • shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited December 2017
    I wanted to get confirmation from BD before I posted it to the bug/issues, in case it was some other issue. This is just my conclusion from testing. I already fixed the cat and halaster. On top of this I do not think they think this is a bug, but put in place to prevent crashes which can happen if you get into the higher count of bones in one skinmesh(19 or more in 1.69 build) but with changes they may have made to the engine this limit might of been raised.
    Post edited by ShadowM on