Skip to content

Will 2018 be the year for IWD series get some more Love.

Going through the forums, I notice the push for IWD2:EE back in 2014. Since 2015 that push has gone largely quiet, not totally but largely, I know declare I am willing to pick up the touch and begin the push again after NWN:EE is out, It is time to show Icewind Dale the same love as Baldur's Gate. Whose with Me!!!! RAWR.
RaduzielO_BruceRAM021SssiksseilorEPluribusUnum

Comments

• AlgusAlgus Member Posts: 2
    Well Neverwinter Nights EE does lessen the pain of no IWD2 EE
  • RastRast Member Posts: 12
    Could they take all IWD2 assets and put them in the IWD1 engine? Sure you miss out on the superior 3E ruleset, but at least you could play the game.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    @Rast They might be able to, but that wouldn't exactly be an enhancement. I would like it if they edited the engine that they have for ID and BG so that IDII could be plugged into it. They said that they had to rewrite a large chunk of the original engine, so I would hope it's something that could be considered, even if it's just as a slow, long-term project. The infinity engine team is going to need something to work on after the 2.5 patches. Crossing my fingers that a rebuild of IDII is at least considered.
    ProontIamdorf
  • gibby290gibby290 Member Posts: 19
    Agree that NWN is actually of zero interest to me...IWD2 would have been my first choice for a next port. I know they don't have the original assets, but I've seen stranger things created.
    Torgrimmerdok0zhivago
  • FylFyl Member Posts: 62
    NWN had ~no~ atmosphere.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Yeah, if time and money weren't an issue then IWD2 could certainly be recreated from scratch in the EE engine. The problem is that they are issues. The business model of tweaking old-but-functioning IE products goes out the window if you suddenly have 10x or 100x the costs for the same sales. Most likely it would only happen if fans did most of the coding legwork, though hope springs eternal!
    AedanIamdorf