Skip to content

Class-specific dialogue and quest solutions

I just bought Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition on GOG (it's on sale right now!) and I had a quick question. I booted it up and checked out the default party and I'm thinking of using it when I finally get around to playing through the game because I don't feel like spending tons of time on character creation. It seems like a fairly well-rounded party with decent stats, even if they're not perfect.

However, when I played Icewind Dale years ago (but never finished it), I remember there being special dialogue and quest solutions that were only accessible if you had certain character classes in your party. I remember there was a quest in the first town with a special solution if you had a bard and one in an early dungeon if you had a paladin. I'm sure there are a bunch of others too.

So I was wondering if someone could tell me, without getting into any spoilers, what classes I'd need to see all these special dialogues and quest solutions. Also, do I need to initiate dialogues with the character to get the extra dialogues or is just having them in my party enough?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the bard and paladin are the ones that give you those special dialogue options, but to be perfectly honest its not really ground breaking stuff, just a few extra XP here and there and maybe an item worth 50 gold here and there at best, so you wont be missing out on anything to amazing ( although you will be able to use the paladin sword if you desire to if you can achieve it that is )

but anyways, make your bard do lots of talking, usually it's bards that give you those extra options ( and as far as i know the paladin only gives you 2 extra options in 2 areas, again nothing game breaking )
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    There are class-specific dialogue lines/options for Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Cleric of Tempus, Druid, Mage, Paladin, Ranger, and Assassin. The most significant ones are for Bard and Paladin, with Druid probably coming in third. Genryu outlined these all in another thread, but I won't link to it here since it's chock-full of spoilers.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited January 2018
    Check this thread. Watch out for spoilers.