Skip to content

New items added to Trello board go vote. :)

Comments

• ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Make sure you use the scroll bar along the bottom to see all items.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    It looks like some cards and categories have overlap and the organization might need some tweaking.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

It looks like some cards and categories have overlap and the organization might need some tweaking.

@FreshLemonBun Please, share what you think should be tweaked
  • BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176
    Just as a heads-up to others since I didn't find it very intuitive; but if you go to that board and click the "Show Menu" link in the upper-right corner, that at least will give you a log of recent activity so you can see if additional cards have been added since your last visit.
    For example if you consider that the card "improve character models" actually encompasses many different things to update and potential ways to go about it, it seems like others could get bundled in a similar way.

Custom spellbooks could be bundled with expanded spellbooks, I can't find the custom metamagic ones anymore so I assume those got merged.

It seems the UI refactoring also covers many issues like resizing at any resolution, health subtext, and custom window placement.

There are various VFX cards that seem unintelligible unless you're a programmer, like VFX drawn over, environmental mapping with transparency, progfx, and probably has some overlap with improved shaders too. So essentially "Improved modern VFX engine" seems like what many vfx/graphics cards try to say in bits and pieces lost in technical jargon.

I understand and appreciate that there are technical differences in the items at a certain granularity but from the perspective of a player I don't know if it helps that various cards are aimed at specific ppl that know exactly what the issues are about. Even among modders it's not universal that everyone knows exactly how everything works. It could also be possible to phrase something like better characters as individual separate cards like "use polygon tessellation for head models" or yadda yadda texture resampling, or individual finger bones.

Most folks might know they want better stuff and more options, they have a broad idea of what they want but don't care much how the sausage gets made. That's just my own personal opinion tho.