Skip to content

Ran into a Direct X problem : Could not compile Direct X shaders

Ive been playing the game for several days and today, I went Multiplayer .. no password and a guy came in ..we played maybe 15 minutes...when I rounded the corner and the Djinn starts talking about he has equipment of mine...it becomes an endless dialog...I clicked all of the answers and it always repeated itself. I finally gave up and hit Control Alternate and Delete...shut down BG2:EE when I tried to reopen the game...I got that error message: Could not compile Direct X shaders. So, I uninstalled BG2:EE...and did a complete re-install....same error message. Pulled out my Windows 10 .exe install disc ( brand new disc) and reinstalled Windows 10 ... I still get the Direct X error message.
I need some help here.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Borg_DealerOfDeathBorg_DealerOfDeath Member Posts: 79
    The only remedy that I found was to put the computer back to factory default settings. IE: wipes everything including Windows 10 - then re-installs Windows 10 from the factory settings. Fortunately, I had all my Apps loaded into one of my 3 external hard drives, so it made finding the individual app .exe installs were easy. I can tell you one thing...I will Not be making a MP game without a password. If someone wants to game with me, they need to contact me by email and we can schedule from there.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Moved the thread from the NWN:EE section. Can you please reinstall DirectX 9.0c? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109