Skip to content

[Kit Revision] Relieve Wizard Slayer v1.7 [IWDEE, EET, BGEE, BG2EE]

RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
edited June 2019 in General Modding
Hi,

Ok, I'm particularly proud of this work for several reasons.

1) When I started to actually use the forum (back in March 2016) I made this post and starting from the will to do those alterings I started to make mods.

2) It's the first mod I do heavily Weidu-based so to speak. At least as heavy as a rookie can go. I want to thank a lot to @Grammarsalad and @kjeron baby-stepping me through it and providing to me the knowledge to make this happen.

3) This mod gave me powerful tools to make things that I thought that I would never be capable of.

So let's go for it, I present, finally, after almost two years, the Wizard Slayer Relieve.

Component 1

Allows the Wizard Slayer to wear any gear that provides Magic Resistance or Magic Damage Resistance, as long as it also can be used by a Fighter.

Allows the Wizard Slayer to use potions of Magic Blocking, Magic Protection, and Magic Shielding.

Component 2

Turns Valygar into a Wizard Slayer. This component can be used without Component 1 and obviously is only available for EET or BG2EE.

---

This mod is totally compatible with the awesome Wizard Slayer Rebalancing and Wizard Slayer Overhaul but should be installed after them.

RWS doesn't need other mods and can be used without WSR or WSO.

---

May not seem like a big deal but it is a huge step for me. Let me know of any bugs you find and especially about any string that refers to Valygar as a ranger.

Link to Download

Thanks @Saigon1983 for the Russian translation!
Post edited by Raduziel on
GrammarsaladZaghoulMirandelAedanOlvynChuruLudwig_II

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Raduziel I've been using the WSR mod for Ishlilka and the occasional WS I run. How different is component 1 with the minimal changes option (I never run with the moderate changes option) from the WSR mod? It allows a few items and potions as well.

WSR doesn't have your component 2 (nice!) which looks like a great change I always would have liked to have had, esp. fitting with all of his talks. Makes more sense for Valy. in BG2. Will use it if I ever get to BG2 again. :)
    Raduziel
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Zaghoul

Component 1 will allow you to use any item that gives MR or Magic Damage Resistance, as for example:

Ring of Gaxx (gives MR)

Amulet of the Seldarine (gives MR)

Amulet of 5% Magic Resistance

Kaligun's Amulet of Magic Resistance

Belt of Inertial Barrier (gives Magical Damage Resistance)

On top of that, you'll be able to use all the potions related to magical defense, namely: Potion of Magic Blocking, Potion of Magic Protection, Potion of Magic Shielding.

So it's basically the same WS (vanilla or WSR), but with a bigger selection of gear.
    Zaghoul
    Version 1.1 is up with a better coding.
    ZaghoulSkatan
    I'm removing the dust from this flop just to tell all the people that won't be playing it that I made this mod also compatible with the Wizard Slayer Overhaul mod.

Just be sure that Relieve is installed after either WSO or WSR.
    V1.3 released with a minor coding improvement.
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    @Raduziel Hi! And this mod is also translated to Russian now!
    Raduziel
    Version 1.4 is up with @Saigon1983 's translation to Russian!

I also edited the first post for bad grammar reasons.
    Version 1.5 is up and it contains:

* Integration with Project Infinity
    edited May 2019
    Version 1.6 is up and it contains:

* Better coding.

* Proper Spirit of Fate summoning for WS-Valygar.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    ZaghoulLudwig_IIGusinda
    edited June 2019
    Version 1.7 is up and it contains:

* Fix for the STRING_SET used to alter the Spirit of Fate summoning (Valygar component will no longer fail).
    ZaghoulGusinda
  • FixTesteRFixTesteR Member Posts: 8
    Hi! Is this thread still monitored? I like your RWS very much and will install it on top of WSR to try it out.

I'm currently playing a game with WSR installed, but sadly my WS doesn't receive any HLAs. The WSR forum thread is dead, and your mod doesn't touch HLAs. So your mod won't fix the problem then.

But thanks again for your mod, I'm eager to include it in my next playthrough!