Skip to content

Kinsmaker Question's

I played 2-3 days ago at the beginning of this form that seems to me very interesting (I should play it calmly to understand the various mechanics and missions that do not go)...

But there is one thing that most of all in the initial part of the game, and the obtaining of a "Sentient Weapon" (so it seems to me)

for those who did not know such a sentient weapon are a type of weapons in D & D with a will own (they can speak and react to the owner of the weapon), increasing level with the player and based on the choices that you make the weapon reacts accordingly and also obtaining special abilities from time to time.

In Kingmaker in fact at the beginning you can choose a weapon, but some are missing, such as remote weapons for example, and some items are not even complete ... not if there is a bug or something missing in the content, and I wanted to discuss with you about it.

To make you understand better, here are the selectable options:

As you can see the weapons are missing at a distance ... but tell me if you miss anything else you could ask BD to add ... then if other things are missing or there are bugs it would be nice to discuss here regards this premium module.

Comments

• ParasolsyndicateParasolsyndicate Member Posts: 54
    You have to have Exotic weapon proficiency to fill in the exotic weapon bracket, as well as many of the double weapons.

It checks to see what weapons you are proficient with at character creation.
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266

You have to have Exotic weapon proficiency to fill in the exotic weapon bracket, as well as many of the double weapons.

It checks to see what weapons you are proficient with at character creation.

I mostly speak of distance weapons like bows and crossbows ... they can not be selected and I asked if it was a bug or a lack.
  • ParasolsyndicateParasolsyndicate Member Posts: 54
    I've read a description of the module elsewhere. It's pretty explicitly for melee only, or rather melee-focused, characters.

Now if the EE decides to change that, that's a whole other thing.
    HunterRayder93
  • NightmysteNightmyste Member Posts: 10
    i always found that kingmaker was more along the lines of a single chapter of a longer campaign, as the ending felt more cut off than anything. leaving you with more questions than answers about how you, a humanoid, are related to a mindflayer, and why the city is so important for your family to try and take over
    not to mention i'd like to know what happened for you to get such a strange group of friends/ allies to the gates of said city
    but in terms of the original post, if you know where you're going, you know that ranged weapons are not very efficient here
    HunterRayder93

i always found that kingmaker was more along the lines of a single chapter of a longer campaign, as the ending felt more cut off than anything. leaving you with more questions than answers about how you, a humanoid, are related to a mindflayer, and why the city is so important for your family to try and take over
    not to mention i'd like to know what happened for you to get such a strange group of friends/ allies to the gates of said city.

How do you talk about this and another reason to make DG give a bit of love to the premium modules and single palyer campaigns ... So let's go ... how do they not understand that the existing content is half done?
    where do you see me make the statement that they don't understand the content is half done
    I merely stated that I think kingmaker (and basically the other premium modules) is just a single chapter picked at random in a story, and that i would like to see/play the rest of said story.

(also i'm sorry if i misunderstand, but the tone of your reply feels a bit passive aggressive)

(also i'm sorry if i misunderstand, but the tone of your reply feels a bit passive aggressive)

It was not my intention maybe you misinterpreted, I'm sorry if you took it badly but I did not want to get mad at you.

Zwerkules
    fair enough that was also why i apologized beforehand, so long as we can accept being corrected we will all get along just fine. (this goes for me as well, i just need to be reminded of it as well, sometimes) :)
    Zwerkules