Skip to content

First Patch ETA

Is there an ETA on the first patch? I'm curious to hear what you are expecting to get into the first patch and when it would be released. I figured I would wait on many-as-one to be fixed before I played this, hate to miss that battle.

Comments

• taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    There is a post over here addressing that very question! :smiley:

According to @JuliusBorosov, the 3.1 patch is still a few weeks off. However, the present version is pretty smooth. There isn't much preventing anyone from enjoying the game in its present state.

If you want to see into the future a little, it is possible to check out the PST:EE Public Tracker and get a feel for what issues users have already reported.
    JuliusBorisovTeflonHurricanelolien
  • OrsalakOrsalak Member Posts: 7
    Perfect, thanks for the links!
    Teflontaclanelolien
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    Teflontaclane
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    There has been some activity on Redmine and a road map for patch 3.1.1 is now live.
    http://support.baldursgate.com/versions/751
    CahirtaclaneJuliusBorisov
  • OrsalakOrsalak Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for pointing me at this. I see the issue I was concerned about was fixed in version 3.1.2.0. Hopefully they will release the patch soon! :smile:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    The team is still testing patch fixes for better experience of players.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Overall, I'd say Ps:T is probably the smoothest of all the Infinity Engine experiences. Bar none, ask most people (who grew up during the period when these games were released) and they'll praise how impressive this story is.

i.e. It's actually referenced and discussed in ways that require quite a bit more of thought than if one were discussing Baldur's Gate, for instance. Ps:T was more philosophical, and it has received a different sort of attention from modders, more relating to patching and widescreen and UI changes.

However, I'd really like to see new weapons, new items, and ect... get added to Ps:T with the patches.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    An expansion pack for PST would probably be wonderful, but I have no idea how it could work.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    That would be neat. The lawful good ending actually sets up a potential sequel, with
    Grace putting a magical tracker on the Nameless One and vowing to liberate him from the Blood War.
    Or if a smaller-scope expansion were desired, it would always be possible to add several gates to the game that each lead to mini-adventures.
    jsaving said:

That would be neat. The lawful good ending actually sets up a potential sequel, with

Grace putting a magical tracker on the Nameless One and vowing to liberate him from the Blood War.
    Or if a smaller-scope expansion were desired, it would always be possible to add several gates to the game that each lead to mini-adventures.
    I guess recyclying areas from BG and IWD EEs could work... I don't think the ending should be touched however.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    First patch will go into beta on Steam, Android, and I forget where else next week, and will be official in the new year.

This was announced on today's NWN stream.
    Dorcusrede9
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

First patch will go into beta on Steam, Android, and I forget where else next week, and will be official in the new year.

They announced the 2.5 beta for BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE. I'm not sure about PST:EE.
    lefreut said:

They announced the 2.5 beta for BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE. I'm not sure about PST:EE.
    PST:EE will take a little longer. It was in one of the Beamblog updates.
    Any idea why?
    edited December 2017

Any idea why?

Because they acknowledged that the IE-games running on the 2.x patches needed to get attention and make sure that there is parity between versions and platforms as some were lagging behind. As PST:EE is running on a different version of the IE-engine (hence patches of PST:EE being numbered 3.x) it had to wait a little longer. Furthermore, although there are still bugs to be fixed, PST:EE did not have many serious issues (as far as I know). In sharp contrast to the BG games. They said they would return to PST:EE after 2.5 if I'm not mistaken.
    Dark_Ansem
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    My mistake.
    rede9
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    lefreut said:

Good, was waiting for that reason to jump back to IWD once again for the Xth time.
    On redmine there is now a bug report adjusted to version 3.1.4. which could mean that a new patch for PST:EE is also in the works. It could be that this will be done simultaneously with the process on SoD 2.5 (which will happen after the 2.5 release for the BG's/IWD) or maybe afterwards. I'll see if I can slip in this question on PST:EE in the next Beamdog stream.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,428
    I don't think so. Patch v3.1.4 has only added Czech language to the game and appears to be Steam-only currently.
    edited January 2018
    argent77 said:

I don't think so. Patch v3.1.4 has only added Czech language to the game and appears to be Steam-only currently.

My bad, forgot that language patch. In my head we were still on 3.1.3 :smile: