Skip to content

Items from SoD in BG2 EE?

Hi!

Is it possible to start BG2 EE with items from BG1 EE + ToSC & SoD? I have tried to enter inventory before opening talk with Irenicus, but it is not possible?

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Hello @AjasFalcon, you can get the BG + SoD items into BG2EE. You can do that by using EEKeeper. But don't do that before the opening talk with Irenicus, because after that, all your items from BG that were in your inventory are removed.

Just Quicksave after the opening cutscreen, load the save game in EEKeeper, and assign the required items into your character's inventory. Hope that helps!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited January 2018
    Actually, many of the items from SoD doesn't exist in BG2EE, so you just can't have them.

To get around it you can play using Enhanced Edition Trilogy - that turns everything into one big game (including item files) - or a mod that brings SoD items to BG2EE. This mod provides some.

You can manually extract and import some items too, but that's a lot of trouble. You'll need the .itm file and everything related to it, like icons. I wish I knew how to do it, it was really hard to say goodbye to Charname's first dragonscale armor.
    edited January 2018
    Ok, it is easier than I thought.

Use EEKeeper or Near Infinity and Extract the item you want in BG2EE.

Now make a Weidu file (any .tp2 file - you can use Notepad for this) with the following code:

BACKUP ~NameOfTheFolderYouChoseIt/Backup~
    AUTHOR ~You~
    VERSION ~Whatever~

BEGIN ~NameOfTheFolderYouChoseIt~

COPY ~FolderWhereThe.ItmFileIs/NameOfTheItem.ITM~ ~override~
    SAY DESC ~(Name that appears when you right-click the item)~
    SAY NAME1 ~(Name that appears when you "Tab" the item)~
    SAY NAME2 ~(Same as NAME1)~

END
    Example: The Dragonscale Armor I was talking about.

I'll create a folder named ILoveThisArmor and a Weidu setup called Setup-ILoveThisArmor.exe (you can get the setup of pretty much any mod and just rename it).

Inside this folder I'll have my .tp2 file and a Itm folder.

Inside this Itm folder I'll have BDLEAT05.itm - that's the code the game gave for that armor.

BACKUP ~ILoveThisArmor/Backup~
    AUTHOR ~Raduziel~
    VERSION ~1.0~

BEGIN ~I Love This Armor~

COPY ~ILoveThisArmor/Itm/BDLEAT05.itm~ ~override~
    SAY DESC ~This shimmering viridian suit of leather armor is soft and supple despite the strength in the plates of green dragon scale. The wearer of this armor is protected from even the heaviest blows as well as from poison.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
    – Immunity to poison

Armor Class: 4 (2 vs. slashing, 3 vs. piercing and missile)
    Requires:
    6 Strength

Weight: 7~
    SAY NAME1 ~Dragonscale Armor~
    SAY NAME2 ~Dragonscale Armor~

END
    Just Copy and Paste the ILoveThisArmor folder and the Setup-ILoveThisArmor.exe, run the exe and that's it. The item now exists in the game and has its strings properly added.

During the game just Ctrl-Space and type C:CreateItem("BDLEAT05"). That will make the armor appear on the selected character's inventory.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    KhalDrogosemiticgoddess
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2018
    @Raduziel

Each time I try to extract the item I want (Circle of Cynosure) it's impossible to do it do you know why ?
    Post edited by KhalDrogo on
    edited January 2018
    KhalDrogo said:

@Raduziel

Each time I try to extract the item I want (Circle of Cynosure) it's impossible to do it do you know why ?

What tool are you using to extract? Using EEKeeper it's just a matter of pushing the button "Extract Item" and retrieve it from the game's override folder.

PS: I'm trying to find this item on the BGEE-SOD files and I'm having no success (using EEKeeper).
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    EEKeeper
    edited January 2018
    @KhalDrogo

I can't find this item in my game files. If you can, just select it, click on "Extract Item", rename it (option) and retrieve it from the override folder.

Do you receive any error message? If so, which one? Can you post a Print Screen?
    edited January 2018
    @Raduziel

No, just that it's impossible to extract the item
    @KhalDrogo That's odd. I could extract it with no problems.

The file is attached.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited January 2018
    I thought a SoD item in your inventory becomes reward from the genius in Irenicus Dungeon and other items are put around in the game. Aren't they?
    KhalDrogo said:

@Raduziel

@KhalDrogo, I think you first need to create an "override" folder inside the same folder which contains the "saves" folder in it. I had the same problem once, and creating the override folder solved it.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    rede9 said:

I thought a SoD item in your inventory becomes reward from the genius in Irenicus Dungeon and other items are put around in the game. Aren't they?

You get a single weapon and a single misc item in Irenicus' dungeon, and they are pulled from a very short possible list. There ARE several SoD items that port over and are scattered through the game, from maybe a medium sized list. There are some very nice things, but few of my favorite items make it over.
    @Raduziel
    @Rik_Kirtaniya

Thank you I will try it, I'm trying to have every SoD item in BG2EE
    Raduziel

KhalDrogo said:

@Raduziel

@KhalDrogo, I think you first need to create an "override" folder inside the same folder which contains the "saves" folder in it. I had the same problem once, and creating the override folder solved it.
    The override location is in the game root folder (where the .exe is).

I think it is criated automatically every time you start a new game, but I'm not sure.
    Raduziel said:

KhalDrogo said:

@Raduziel

The override location is in the game root folder (where the .exe is).

I think it is criated automatically every time you start a new game, but I'm not sure.
    @Raduziel, you can also create the override folder in the location I mentioned. It works fine as well.

Sometimes when you don't have an override folder from the beginning, EEKeeper often fails to create one by itself. In fact, that's the problem I faced when I tried extracting item files.
    Raduziel
    I created the override folder and extracted the list item (Circle of Cynosure) inside it, but my EEKeeper cannot find the new item.
    @KhalDrogo Can you be a little more specific?

If you were able to extract so your EEKeeper was able to found. You mean the BG2 profile of EEKeeper?

To do so, you need to put the item inside BG2's override. But probably the strings will be all messed up (unless you followed my mod's steps a few posts above) and with that will be impossible to find the item by its name (the string that em BG1 refers to Circlet of the Cynosure probably refers to another thing in BG2).

If you already copied the item to BG2's Override, try looking out for it by its Resource (BDHELMCA).

To make sure the item is put with its characteristics intact you need to follow the guide I stated above.

Let me know if you have any further problems.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Just extracting the item in SoD using Shadowkeeper and copying it into the over-ride folder in SoA causes problems with strings.

The text will be wrong, but the item will work OK.

I am going to investigate the Near Infinity option using the instructions given by @Raduziel as that looks as if it might work as it should.
    Raduziel
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited January 2019
    Hey @Raduziel,

I tried doing it like you explained using EEKeeper to export, to be able to use my favorite katana Crimson Dawn in BG2EE. However, the icon does not seem to be imported properly.

I can't see the item icon in EEKeeper in BG2 resources though the description and everything else is fine. So when I go ahead and add it in EEKeeper regardless, it doesn't show the icon in my inventory. It looks like an empty spot, though the item is there and I can equip and use it properly without any issues.

Do I need to do something else for the icon to be imported?

Thanks
    Post edited by Ludwig_II on
    @Ludwig_II Apparently you're missing the BAM files. Just extract them using NI and drop it inside the Override folder.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Yeah, it worked now. And while doing that I got a chance to see how cool Near Infinity is. Thanks a lot
    JuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I am playing EET for the first time and am not sure what happens to items. I am currently in SoD and can get to BG1 areas. Will I be able to get to those areas after arriving in Amn? I currenly have too much gear some of which is quite good, and wondered if I could dump some of it either in a BG1 area or a SoD Area and come back to pick it up after Irenicus' Dungeon.