Skip to content

BG EET NPC Continuity

prochyprochy Member Posts: 12
Hi, just installed EET using Big World Setup with Recomended Settings and I'm thinking about party composition. I would love to play with one group for whole saga.

Are there any NPCs that I can have in my party all the way from BG1 to ToB? Especialy is it possible for any of these:
  • Xzar
  • Tiax
  • Alora
  • Jaheira
  • Shar-Teal
Thanks for info :)

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited January 2018
    Jaheira - from your list

Viconia, Edwin, Imoen (with SoD + Spellhold interuptions), Neera, Dorn, Rasaad, Minsc.

And some mod NPCs that go through all parts of the game. Don't know which ones you installed?
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    Hey there

Yeah. Functionally, EET will allow you to keep some characters with you for the whole game. However, you will still be mostly constrained according to which characters are available in each part of the trilogy (unless you have installed mods to bring characters to those parts of the game).

I'll include the list in spoilers below, read at your own risk (not sure if you've played the whole trilogy before)

These characters are recruitable in each of BGEE, SoD, BG2EE and ToB

Minsc
    Jaheria
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Dorn
    Neera
    Rashad
    If you dont include SoD: Imoen

I'm not super well versed in Mods, but I think only Sirene and Sandrah are present and have content in each of the parts of EET. There are other mods that bring Branwen/Xan/etc into SoA, but I dont think they include any SoD content. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure this isnt an exhaustive list of mod NPCs with content in all parts of EET.

edited January 2018

Hey there

Yeah. Functionally, EET will allow you to keep some characters with you for the whole game. However, you will still be mostly constrained according to which characters are available in each part of the trilogy (unless you have installed mods to bring characters to those parts of the game).

I'll include the list in spoilers below, read at your own risk (not sure if you've played the whole trilogy before)

These characters are recruitable in each of BGEE, SoD, BG2EE and ToB

Minsc
    Jaheria
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Dorn
    Neera
    Rashad
    If you dont include SoD: Imoen

I'm not super well versed in Mods, but I think only Sirene and Sandrah are present and have content in each of the parts of EET. There are other mods that bring Branwen/Xan/etc into SoA, but I dont think they include any SoD content. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure this isnt an exhaustive list of mod NPCs with content in all parts of EET.

That list is correct.

Add Isra for mod NPCs.
    The issue of the mods that bring Branwen/Xan etc into SoA is that they are not continuous NPCs. There are SoA clones of BG1 characters but different creatures that just simulate a BG1 presence.

One more that is now continuous via mod is Ajantis.

Under condtruction, if I read the posts correctly are Drake (presently BG1+SoD, will get SoA soon) and Breagar (not sure if available in English).
  • prochyprochy Member Posts: 12
    Tkanks all for info.

Too bad no Xzar and Tiax but at least Jaheira is there :-)
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659

That list is correct.

Add Isra for mod NPCs.
    The issue of the mods that bring Branwen/Xan etc into SoA is that they are not continuous NPCs. There are SoA clones of BG1 characters but different creatures that just simulate a BG1 presence.

Under condtruction, if I read the posts correctly are Drake (presently BG1+SoD, will get SoA soon) and Breagar (not sure if available in English).

I hadnt realized that Branwen and Xan were technically not "continuous". I also assume those mods werent updated to include SoD content.

I've played the Isra mod before (Before I started EET). Does she have an SoD component? I know there's a BG1 and SoA component.

That list is correct.

Add Isra for mod NPCs.

I hadnt realized that Branwen and Xan were technically not "continuous". I also assume those mods werent updated to include SoD content.

I've played the Isra mod before (Before I started EET). Does she have an SoD component? I know there's a BG1 and SoA component.
    I think you are correct about Isra. I think I mixed her up with Sirene...those paladin girls...