Skip to content

Worse Than Restartitis

Currently I'm suffering from non-startitis.

I'll explain:

That's the condition where you can't just start one game due to the excessive flow of ideas about CHARNAME, party composition and mod setup.

Since I finished my I Hate Undead full-Icewind Dale run, two weeks ago, I'm trying to start a full BG(2)EE run without success. I can only go as far as character creation. After 1h thinking I usually give up and work on some mod.

Have you guys ever gone through this?

Thanks!
lroumenAerakartbone1gorgonzolaStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2017
    I've never recovered.

I actually make a mod kit and play it.
    JuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited December 2017
    I'm working on a mod pack right now to get around it, but without success so far.

Actually that's kind of how the I Hate Undead Kitpack was created.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hey Raduziel!

I haven't gotten to the point of not fully creating the character in *Baldur's Gate* (dragon age and neverwinter nights keep me on a even greater restartitis) , but when it comes to BG I havent finished the whole trilogy since 2015 , however, my current run is already at the Sahuagin city, so perhaps I'll find a cure again , after all. :)
    RaduzielJuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    RaduzielgorgonzolaJuliusBorisov
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited January 2018
    What about creating a RR (Rogue Rebalancing) Jester? That mod is pretty awesome....
    JuliusBorisov
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i feel like i suffer from planning parties i never startitis
    sarevok57Balrog99JuliusBorisov
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited January 2018
    i never suffered from restartitis, but i am suffering from non startitis since about 18 years ago. because i play a lot of bg2, then suddenly i feel no more interest in it and spend some months or sometimes even an year or more doing other things, then again i go in the full immersion mode and begin to play it a lot.

i don't think that this is a problem, the symptoms are not painful, in my non startitis periods i do a lot of other interesting things.

i suffered also of on other disease, i used to replay almost each hard battle many times, each time using completely different tactics and maybe self imposing me limitations, like using only spells, or only weapons, or only ranged weapons and so on. usually i fought each dragon, after having destroyed him many times with many tactics, sending each single party member to deal with him.
    i wanted to really discover the potential of each party i was using, as i think that versatility is better of raw power, and that was the better way to do it. but each of my runs was very long. now i am probably too lazy to do it any more and usually i fight a single time each battle, sometimes i even use tactics that are effective but not elegant, not to the extent to using mislead + backstab, spamming adhw with pi, TS and mind flyer form or things like those, but before i was looking to elegance and style in a victory, now i do it less. and probably i have less fun in playing like that.
    i tell this cause mine was similar to restartitis, using the same party and for a single battle, but the thinking of a new possibility and then restart, even if only the single battle, was there.
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

i never suffered from restartitis, but i am suffering from non startitis since about 18 years ago. because i play a lot of bg2, then suddenly i feel no more interest in it and spend some months or sometimes even an year or more doing other things, then again i go in the full immersion mode and begin to play it a lot.

i don't think that this is a problem, the symptoms are not painful, in my non startitis periods i do a lot of other interesting things.

i suffered also of on other disease, i used to replay almost each hard battle many times, each time using completely different tactics and maybe self imposing me limitations, like using only spells, or only weapons, or only ranged weapons and so on. usually i fought each dragon, after having destroyed him many times with many tactics, sending each single party member to deal with him.
    i wanted to really discover the potential of each party i was using, as i think that versatility is better of raw power, and that was the better way to do it. but each of my runs was very long. now i am probably too lazy to do it any more and usually i fight a single time each battle, sometimes i even use tactics that are effective but not elegant, not to the extent to using mislead + backstab, spamming adhw with pi, TS and mind flyer form or things like those, but before i was looking to elegance and style in a victory, now i do it less. and probably i have less fun in playing like that.
    i tell this cause mine was similar to restartitis, using the same party and for a single battle, but the thinking of a new possibility and then restart, even if only the single battle, was there.

i remember when i first played bg2 i would have a save file before every "big boss enemy" so if i ever wanted i could fight them over again, or show my friends how cool the bosses looked in this game, its amazing really that back in 2000 the amount of awe i had over the enemies i came across in bg2 and how cool they looked at the time, its unfortunate that games now adays don't give me that "awe" anymore
    gorgonzolaJuliusBorisovAerakar