Skip to content

Unable to install to 2nd computer

DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Member Posts: 28
edited December 2017 in Technical Support
So my main computer has to go into the shop and I am trying to install to a 2nd computer.

I can get the Beamdog client installed and am able to log into my account. On the Nwn: Enhanced Edition I chose 'install'. I had to create a folder named "Beamdog Library" as it kept giving me an EOENT error. Now it says "Downloading 12.9 kb remaining at 0 b/s".

It acts like it wants to download but then nothing actually happens.

I tried skipping this and going straight to the Early Access. Early Access will download and install (the download starts immediately) - however when I click 'play' the button goes grey and nothing else happens.

I made sure to install the OpenAL files.

"Verify Installation" says there are files missing/corrupt etc, and when I choose 'repair' - nothing happens.
voidofopinion

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2017
    Win 10 on both systems, 64bit. Antivirus is different but I tried to disable it for just the download and that doesn't work; allowed an exception and that didn't work.

I left the computer on overnight and it still hasn't downloaded. It doesn't make sense that the Head Start will download but not the main program. I am assuming the main has to download and create the files in 'documents' so that Head start will realize that I do, indeed, have a cd-key.

I will give that link a try and see if changing the settings for internet options works; will update soonish.
    voidofopinion
    Ok, I tried the link for the problem with staying at 0k/s and it did not help the problem.

I did notice that there is now a folder in my documents for Neverwinter Nights. However, the CD key is different from the one on my account. I was able to log in via the EE Head Start Multiplayer - however, the two servers I played on are showing an empty account, rather than showing my characters. I am going to attempt changing the cd key to the correct one and see if that corrects it.
    voidofopinion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited December 2017
    In the documents folder is a cdkey.ini file - inside of that was a different cd key from what is listed on my beamdog account. I changed it to the one listed on my beamdog account and am now able to log into previous servers & see my characters.

As for where to see the cd-key on my account, I log into the beamdog website, click 'my account' and there's a tab labelled "game keys".
    [Deleted User]voidofopinion
    On my main computer, both cd-keys were the same. On the 2nd computer, even though I used the same account to log into the beamdog website and download the game - it gave me a different cd-key in the cdkey.ini file.

But yes, changing the cd-key on the 2nd computer ini file to match what is in my beamdog account allows me to log into multiplayer. I have not tried singleplayer, but I assume it would work too.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovvoidofopinion
    JuliusBorisov
    Merry Christmas.

I tried singleplayer this morning. No, it will not run. I tried the original campaign and another module - both tell me 'unable to unpack module".
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovvoidofopinion
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    @DesiiAnowor Please, log this issue on support.baldursgate.com
    [Deleted User]
    Reported as Bug #34565; updated to add the information of how I fixed the multiplayer problem and not being able to run the original campaigns/modules.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]voidofopinion
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    I experienced this same issue after "Upgrading" my normal headstart to a deluxe. IE: The EE game was removed from my account, refunded and I purchased the EEDD.

Every time I downloaded the game the Beamdog launcher would spit out a new CD Key, none of which lined up with my CD Key in My Account settings.

Multiplayer would not work with the pre-installed CD key and LAN would cause the client to CTD if I used the CD Key in my account page (which could connect to other multiplayer servers just fine but not my own.)

Ended up having the EEDD refunded so I could create an entirely new account to purchase it on.
    [Deleted User]
    edited January 2018
    Adding an update: I am also not able to use the toolset. Clicking the exe for it gives me a popup that says "Abnormal Program Termination"
    [Deleted User]
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    As a slight tangent, in regards to the "different" CDkey, if you're encountering that issue, you'll want to run the game from the Beamdog client at least once. That should update your CDkey.

(Not that it specifically helps you with your problem DesiiAnowor, I just felt I should step in with that issue specifically. If it's what I suspect it is, it's a known issue that shouldn't impact game-play once it's been run from the client at least once.)
    JuliusBorisov
    Shaiden said:

As a slight tangent, in regards to the "different" CDkey, if you're encountering that issue, you'll want to run the game from the Beamdog client at least once. That should update your CDkey.

(Not that it specifically helps you with your problem DesiiAnowor, I just felt I should step in with that issue specifically. If it's what I suspect it is, it's a known issue that shouldn't impact game-play once it's been run from the client at least once.)

Running the game from the Beamdog client did not update my cd-key to the correct one. I had to manually do it myself in the player ini file. Unless something has changed between when I had the problem and now. I am still unable to run the original campaigns, any single-player modules, or the toolset.