Skip to content

Do *NOT* add any new NPCs for Baldur's Gate II!

2»

Comments

• Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    1130210 said:

My suggestion is that it would be more beneficial to keep the characters that they're making on Baldur's Gate I.

Wow.
    You managed to combine the old "If I don't want X, nobody else can have X, no matter how many people are out there who want it"... with the equally baffling "If they do Y, they can't do X, because I arbitrarily decided so".
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Vehemently disagree. BGIII should be like Game of Thrones and execute characters at random points to keep the player on their toes. =)
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    edited September 2012

1130210 said:

My suggestion is that it would be more beneficial to keep the characters that they're making on Baldur's Gate I.

Wow.
    You managed to combine the old "If I don't want X, nobody else can have X, no matter how many people are out there who want it"... with the equally baffling "If they do Y, they can't do X, because I arbitrarily decided so".
    And why are you acting like I'm being so childish? Because you merely decided. Wow.

EDIT: How about you respect other people's opinions, instead of being so judgmental? So how do you know I was thinking that? It was a suggestion, you don't. You decided.

• NouserNouser Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2012
    kamuizin said:

@kilroy_was_here, depends on the situation.

Would you like a pink elephant NPC... ok, don't answer this one (i would like it too), but you get what i mean, we must keep the coherence on game or we risk to break the legendary status BG has achieved.

I think any kind of character can be added (absurd or not) ,but they should be optional,or it will put things that are not original game content. Classic baldurs gate must not be changed. Unless it is correcting previous game limitations (better character customization,alignment changes,etc)
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Classic Baldur's Gate won't be changed by adding NPCs to BGEE.
    There is the theory that downloads for baldurs gate will be very rare after the enhanced edition. As people will stop leaving torrents for it.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited September 2012
    @Nouser WHAT? Dude, from where you get this info? Cos part of the BG enhanced Edition objective, is to maake EASIER the mods life and to optimise and help the release of unnoficial contents. The unnoficial mods are exactly the reason for this game to be enhanced, as because of them this game lived for more than 12 years.

Are you a new BG player or old school BG?
    Nouser said:

There is the theory that downloads for baldurs gate will be very rare after the enhanced edition. As people will stop leaving torrents for it.

...And? Even if all torrents would suddenly disappear over night, the old games would still be buyable from GoG.com.
    edited September 2012
    kamuizin said:

Are you a new BG player or old school BG?

I think i consider myself a bit of both. Because i played all the old vanilla games (icluding torment) but always found the mod stuff highly difficult. With the exception of tutu. Which was great.
    So im noob in modding. But veteran vanilla player.
    scriver said:

...And? Even if all torrents would suddenly disappear over night, the old games would still be buyable from GoG.com.

Not where i live, pal. They keep the game in the customhouse,airports or something like that for legal reasons.
    Post edited by Nouser on
    GoG.com is only digital though, so you still have to download from them. I guess it's possible you could somehow be stopped from doing that as well, but I'm not a technically knowledgeable guy.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    edited September 2012
    1130210 said:

And why are you acting like I'm being so childish? Because you merely decided. Wow.

Nah. Because I can read. Nice try, though.
    So how do you know I was thinking that?
    Because that is what you WROTE. That is what you STARTED AN ENTIRE THREAD FOR. There is no mystery.
    It's too late to back out of it now. You're not believable. Sorry.
    How about you respect other people's opinions, instead of being so judgmental?
    How about YOU respect the opinion of the MAJORITY? Which is, those who want new NPCs.
    The difference here is that you can just NOT recruit the new characters and, if "less is more" is really what drives you crazy, you'll have what you wanted.
    However, asking NOT to make the new characters, despite everybody else wanting them, is a GARGANTUAN show of egocentrism and a useless antagonism towards the community.
    If they make them, everybody is happy.
    If they don't, everybody else is unhappy and you're happy.
    Whether this is really because you honestly and sincerely feel the game is better without new NPCs (wha...?), or because you like standing out as a special and different individual (regardless of what is the message you use to obtain that)... or if you just want to ANNOY everyone else... I DON'T CARE!
    Because I'M NOT JUDGEMENTAL: I'm not interested in your hidden motivations, only on what you said.
    Which is bad.
    It was a suggestion, you don't.
    You're right. I'm not a suggestion.
    No, wait... I don't suggest? Of course, I don't suggest they do this: I'm against it!
    Aaaw, I give up. We need an interpreter with you.
    Please try to be clearer next time.

PS: the ONLY argumentation you used to justify your hating is that making new characters would prevent them from using Dorn, Neera and Rasaad in the sequel as well.
    No matter how many snippy retorts and how much fake indignation you try on me...
    ...that still REMAINS FALSE.
    A small detail that you failed to address in your answer.
    Again: nice try.

@Raistlin82 - Please amplify your relaxed state.
    edited September 2012

1130210 said:

Nah. Because I can read. Nice try, though.
    So how do you know I was thinking that?
    Because that is what you WROTE. That is what you STARTED AN ENTIRE THREAD FOR. There is no mystery.
    It's too late to back out of it now. You're not believable. Sorry.
    How about you respect other people's opinions, instead of being so judgmental?
    How about YOU respect the opinion of the MAJORITY? Which is, those who want new NPCs.
    The difference here is that you can just NOT recruit the new characters and, if "less is more" is really what drives you crazy, you'll have what you wanted.
    However, asking NOT to make the new characters, despite everybody else wanting them, is a GARGANTUAN show of egocentrism and a useless antagonism towards the community.
    If they make them, everybody is happy.
    If they don't, everybody else is unhappy and you're happy.
    Whether this is really because you honestly and sincerely feel the game is better without new NPCs (wha...?), or because you like standing out as a special and different individual (regardless of what is the message you use to obtain that)... or if you just want to ANNOY everyone else... I DON'T CARE!
    Because I'M NOT JUDGEMENTAL: I'm not interested in your hidden motivations, only on what you said.
    Which is bad.
    It was a suggestion, you don't.
    You're right. I'm not a suggestion.
    No, wait... I don't suggest? Of course, I don't suggest they do this: I'm against it!
    Aaaw, I give up. We need an interpreter with you.
    Please try to be clearer next time.

PS: the ONLY argumentation you used to justify your hating is that making new characters would prevent them from using Dorn, Neera and Rasaad in the sequel as well.
    No matter how many snippy retorts and how much fake indignation you try on me...
    ...that still REMAINS FALSE.
    A small detail that you failed to address in your answer.
    Again: nice try.

Dude, I just don't understand why you think I'm so egocentric? Quite simply, that's one of the most insultive things I heard on here. Everyone on here is so nice, and you just seem like a mean person because I'm in the minority. It's a suggestion. Really, calling me egocentric? You're a low, low person. I've done nothing to offend you, and all you've done is gotten offended by a topic I was talking about.

I wasn't all like, "Hey, Raistlin82, I'm egocentric and I'm here to make SURE EVERYONE thinks like me!" I never called you out, and no one forced you to read the topic.

EDIT: Look, It's just not cool dude. Why not treat everyone's opinion with equal measure? If I seen you post about an opposing opinion from my own, I would NEVER bash your opinion! That's how forum topics should be!

Also: I AM NOT HATING.

Post edited by 1130210 on
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited September 2012
    Post edited out.
    edited September 2012
    Post edited out.
    And mine will be as well. Please, think before you post. :)
    @LadyRhian Sure, I am new to forums. Definitely not experienced.
    S'okay. :)
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    ok, now I'm just curious. lol
    On a final note, because for some reason I need to repeat myself, I *S-U-G-G-E-S-T* (clear enough for the immature people out there?) beamdog, does as mass effect, and doesn't ADD any new NPCs because it's my *O-P-I-N-I-O-N* that it would add more lasting appeal if Neera and other NPCs were imported over from Baldur's Gate I. But hey, you can calm yourself and not cry yourself to sleep at night knowing they probably won't do this because it was a *S-U-G-G-E-S-T-I-O-N*
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    Having no new NPCs means that there are no new evil characters.

And having no new evil characters means I cannot have a party full of evil-doers.
    @Kenji no, no I didn't say no new characters, I meant if the NPCs are good from the first Baldur's Gate EE, keep one. Have Neera come in as Viconia. Or have that blackguard guy come in as an Edwin. Or even, keep one (such as Neera) and add two completely new ones. <- new npcs, see? This includes that the new NPCs could be evil. And I do want a full party of evil characters, so I actually agree with you very much on that point.